All depends soap box

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geesh, no kiddin. This started out as a serious thread. How'd it get so off target?:monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey:

It depends on who you ask, but I'll be the fall guy for bringing up the depends

Another variable that is often overlooked is that some people could freeze to death beside a stove. I have sold wood out of the same stack to two different customers and have gotten totally different responses on how the wood burned and wether or not they would consider buying from me again.
Stove care and maintnance also come into play.

Is it better to know what you are doing while burning crappy wood in a junky stove, or to know little about what you are doing while burning quality wood in a good stove?

It's also a tough sell when it comes to stuff like some of the Maples, Walnut, Mullberry, and Elm. Mullberry is the one that has me baffled, it is a close cousin to Osage Orange and has more B.T.U's per cord than most of the Oaks, and Hickories. I bought a book about local trees in Indiana and in the back it has a chart that lists that specific gravity of each species, and I have shown some people the evidence for Mullberry and still nothing. Ohhhhh well, their loss is my heat! JJuday

And I thought that I was bad. I guess it Depends on who you ask. I think that I will fit right in with you all.

But I guess it Depends

Ray

Back