All in one Stihl bar adapter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So these fit the Stihl 3003 mount bar?
And would the same adapter allow use of a 3003 mount bar on a Jonsered 2172? A Husqvarna 455? What about the Husqvarna 51/55 series? what about the Poulan 3400/3700/4000 Countervibes?

So these fit the Stihl 3003 mount bar?
And would the same adapter allow use of a 3003 mount bar on a Jonsered 2172? A Husqvarna 455? What about the Husqvarna 51/55 series? what about the Poulan 3400/3700/4000 Countervibes?

They are indeed for the 12mm 3003 mount bars.

Yes for a Jonsered 2172.

No for a Husky 455.

No for a Husky 51/55.

No for the 3400/3700/4000, unless you open up the stud hole and slot on this adapter from 9mm to 9.5mm, and then put coil spring stud spacers on your studs (or use some really thin coil spring stud spacers without opening up the adapter hole/slot). The Poulan studs are 5/16" (8mm) and would be a sloppy fit in that adapter. You may also have oiler hole and/or adjuster hole issues to deal with on that 3003 mount bar when using it on your Poulan.

Mike is making Homelite/Stihl adapters soon. They're intended for use with 3/8" stud saws and 12mm bars. You'd still need to use some coil spring spacers (or an 'S' spacer) on 5/16" studs (and would still have to deal with any adjuster/oiler hole issues). I've been bugging Mike to make a 5/16" stud version of his adapters for use on Poulans and the 5/16" stud Homelites.

They are indeed for the 12mm 3003 mount bars.

Yes for a Jonsered 2172.

No for a Husky 455.

No for a Husky 51/55.

No for the 3400/3700/4000, unless you open up the stud hole and slot on this adapter from 9mm to 9.5mm, and then put coil spring stud spacers on your studs (or use some really thin coil spring stud spacers without opening up the adapter hole/slot). The Poulan studs are 5/16" (8mm) and would be a sloppy fit in that adapter. You may also have oiler hole and/or adjuster hole issues to deal with on that 3003 mount bar when using it on your Poulan.

Mike is making Homelite/Stihl adapters soon. They're intended for use with 3/8" stud saws and 12mm bars. You'd still need to use some coil spring spacers (or an 'S' spacer) on 5/16" studs (and would still have to deal with any adjuster/oiler hole issues). I've been bugging Mike to make a 5/16" stud version of his adapters for use on Poulans and the 5/16" stud Homelites.
Thank you Aaron for that write up, I am not familiar with them German numbers... I will be making the homelite mount and poulan mounts but just ran out of these. I have material cut ready to go on the machine hopefully Monday.

Thanks to all of you business is real good!!

Thank you Aaron for that write up, I am not familiar with them German numbers... I will be making the homelite mount and poulan mounts but just ran out of these. I have material cut ready to go on the machine hopefully Monday.

Thanks to all of you business is real good!!

Helping you is helping us! While I'm here bugging/supporting you..........................would a 14mm version of the Homelite adapters (for use with large Stihl/Dolmar mount bars on large frame Homelites and Macs) be a possibility?

OK finally made another run of 30 if anyone is interested.

14mm version should be up next week getting material Friday!

14MM version for use on large frame Homelites/Macs (3/8" studs)? That'd be great for 1050's, 2100's, and the like.

The 12mm version for 3/8 stud XL-series Homelites and such (and a 12mm version for 5/16" stud Poulans and Homelites) will still be popular with us old saw nuts too.

Last edited:
Good friend and AS member ask me to make a bar adapter for his Dolmar 9010 since there are none offered and the husky stud spacing is different. So I combined the designs ans came up with an adapter that will work on a lot if saws.

The top adapter is the husky purchased one. Middle is my 9010 adapter that I made and the bottom one is the combined one that I made.
umamuzy4.jpg

6401 Makita
yqydedat.jpg

2171 Jonsered
pypy9apu.jpg

630 Jonsered
y7unejaq.jpg

I don't have a picture of it on a 9010 or solo 694 but I assure you they will fit.

You did well with that. Can I get you to go the other way, and make me a 9010 to go on my bar adapter? :D

I had to grind a channel to oil 14mm stihl on large husky.
Yep, didn't think about channeling the bar to carry oil outward. How deep is your channel to carry oil out? I've cut a 1/8in thick plate steel adapter into the same bar tail shape and cut the slot in that. But that was on a old saw that had 1/2in of travel back and fourth on the clutch drum.

hey curious is to, if you make a spacer for the stihls, to run the big mount bars off 075, 084, 090 etc, to fit the smaller ones like 28's 34's etc. i have a lewis wench with a big mount bracket/bar , and wanna run an 028 on it, and it obviously has the smaller mounts

hey curious is to, if you make a spacer for the stihls, to run the big mount bars off 075, 084, 090 etc, to fit the smaller ones like 28's 34's etc. i have a lewis wench with a big mount bracket/bar , and wanna run an 028 on it, and it obviously has the smaller mounts
These adapters actually put 12 millimeter stihl bars on Husqvarna Johnsered Solo Dolmar saws. If you get me some dimensions on what you want I could probably make and adapter so you could use your winch on a different saw.

Yep, didn't think about channeling the bar to carry oil outward. How deep is your channel to carry oil out? I've cut a 1/8in thick plate steel adapter into the same bar tail shape and cut the slot in that. But that was on a old saw that had 1/2in of travel back and fourth on the clutch drum.
It was prob couple mm deep. I used a round carbide dremel. Marked the bar pad with lines so i did not grind too far and dump oil at far adjustments of the chain

So how about it mike... Is there enough meat to make a 1mm loop to convert 10mm Jred mount to 12mm Stihl?

Maybe some 1mm-ish diameter wire could be bent into an 'S' type space for what Nathan's talking about (10mm Jreds to 12mm Stihl). The 'rubber band Homelite/Stihl adapter would have to be .5mm thicker on each side to work on the 10mm Jonsereds studs.

On another tangent..................................maybe 10mm Jonsereds to 14mm big Stihl would be a good idea?

Back