All in one Stihl bar adapter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe some 1mm-ish diameter wire could be bent into an 'S' type space for what Nathan's talking about (10mm Jreds to 12mm Stihl). The 'rubber band Homelite/Stihl adapter would have to be .5mm thicker on each side to work on the 10mm Jonsereds studs.

On another tangent..................................maybe 10mm Jonsereds to 14mm big Stihl would be a good idea?
Agreed! They would DEFINITELYhave to be hardened or they would mushroom bad being that thin!

hay mike. stihl all in one is the ****. nice to be able to run my stihl bars now :rock: interested in the poulan to 12mm and stihl 14mm all in one. would the poulan one allow me to run a small mount stihl bar on my poulan 4200? that would be cool cause i only got a 36" poulan bar and would like to run smaller. not sure what the 14mm will be capable of but i'm interested. heck the homelite one would even be good to have :) let me know.

On another tangent..................................maybe 10mm Jonsereds to 14mm big Stihl would be a good idea?

Likely not, as the 14mm Stihl has a wider tail, so there will be issues with the oiling.

There likely is a way around that, but the question is if its worth the trouble?

hay mike. stihl all in one is the ****. nice to be able to run my stihl bars now :rock: interested in the poulan to 12mm and stihl 14mm all in one. would the poulan one allow me to run a small mount stihl bar on my poulan 4200? that would be cool cause i only got a 36" poulan bar and would like to run smaller. not sure what the 14mm will be capable of but i'm interested. heck the homelite one would even be good to have :) let me know.

12mm bars would probably be a better fit on that Poulan (as the 12mm bars have a tail that more closely matches the D176 mount Poulan/Echo mount bars). You can run XL series Homelite mount (D096, D196, UXL) bars on your Poulan if you run a stud spacer (either an 'S' clip, or spring spacers made from 4 coils of a 3/8" hardware store extension spring). Your 4200 was most likely sold with a UXL mount bar and an 'S' clip, as Windsor (who supplied bars for Poulan at that time) didn't have an equivalent to the D176 mount. Your 36" bar (if it's correct for the saw) is probably a Windsor UXL mount (and should have a stud spacer). Things get lost/discarded/replaced over the years however....

12mm bars would probably be a better fit on that Poulan (as the 12mm bars have a tail that more closely matches the D176 mount Poulan/Echo mount bars). You can run XL series Homelite mount (D096, D196, UXL) bars on your Poulan if you run a stud spacer (either an 'S' clip, or spring spacers made from 4 coils of a 3/8" hardware store extension spring). Your 4200 was most likely sold with a UXL mount bar and an 'S' clip, as Windsor (who supplied bars for Poulan at that time) didn't have an equivalent to the D176 mount. Your 36" bar (if it's correct for the saw) is probably a Windsor UXL mount (and should have a stud spacer). Things get lost/discarded/replaced over the years however....

Come to think of it now i believe it does have little ring spacers over the studs at the base. I'd have to take a look again as i am am not 100% sure. Thanks Aaron. I am still interested in the capabilities of all mikes spacers. Would be good to have around regardless. I have a couple old pioneer bars i'm looking to use up or trade someday too. Haven't investigated them any yet though.

Got the 14mm 3003 adapter done today!
zubetaju.jpg

Shane unless I'm mistaken, the Poulan and Homelite adapters haven't been made yet. That there is a Large Stihl (14mm)-to-Large-Husky (9mm) adapter.

Mike posted a pic of his prototype 'rubber band' Stihl (12mm)-to-Homelite (9.5mm) adapter. Don't think he's producing those yet.

I've been bugging Mike for:

-Stihl (12mm)-to-Poulan (5/16"), and

-Large Stihl (14mm)-to-Homelite (9.5mm) adapters.

Got the 14mm 3003 adapter done today!

The 3003 mount is 12mm... the 3002 is 14mm :D Anyhow, I am looking for an adapter to go from the 14mm (3002) Stihl bar to 3/8" McCulloch SP125 studs. Is that the one you sent to Nathan and Eric to test? If so, I'd like to order one also.

The 3003 mount is 12mm... the 3002 is 14mm :D Anyhow, I am looking for an adapter to go from the 14mm (3002) Stihl bar to 3/8" McCulloch SP125 studs. Is that the one you sent to Nathan and Eric to test? If so, I'd like to order one also.
No. The one I made is 14mm to large husky. I have plans for 14mm x 3/8:D

I'll buy one when you get them done. It's become impossible to find the bar I need and I can readily get 3002 Stihl bars. I'd imagine that I'd be satisfied with a 12mm Stihl to 3/8", though :D

I've been abusing my adapters to their full potential! Mike makes great shiz!

If your shipping to AK you might want to check out the chain vises mike makes too. :wink:

Speaking of AK... I need to call a man about some fish. Sorry random thought...

Back