All u Loggers Post your Pics here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does the Ponsse processor work in couple with a skidder ??
here in Sweden, Finland and Norway they usually goes together with a forwarder !!

Thanks for posting the pics :)

Last edited:
How does the Ponsse processor work in couple skidder ??
here in Sweden, Finland and Norway they usually goes together with a forwarder !!

Thanks for posting the pics :)

Around here they run a processor and forwarder combo (and did and that job juts didn't get pictures) and then have a skidder for backup. Some of the longer logs are easier to move with a skidder.

Last edited:
A knucleboom with a bucksaw is the best thing that ever happend to loggers :cool:

Ryan, I don't want to be a smart alleck or anything, but where are you cutting those little logs at and what are they used for? Here in Michigan, I never see anyone cut trees that small (all I cut is firewood but I follow lots of loggers into the woods to cut their tops)

A Fallers View

And further more, I have worked side by side with cutters for 5+ years. They complement my work as well as I do theirs. I have trees that would be better for them to do, then I clean up. It's a win win situation.

Cool Equipment ......I would love to have a forwarder to play with .....I,m a Faller all the way but the Mechs are the way of the future , which is sad in many ways , Capitol investment instead of investment into people ......But for an operator to stay in bussiness that is what he needs to do ....

Soon the mechs will start in southeast Alaska ... All the easier ground we logged 40 or more years ago ... All the pre commercial tree thinning we did makes it easy for a feller buncher ... High Transportation costs to market are what hinder us ........Nice pics

Youtube Videos

Go to YouTube and search for channels, "jusportel" and check out my logging pics and videos. I think you guys will love them!

Thought I would take a shot at posting a picture. Hope it works out.

bigfir.jpg

I'm the guy on the left. That fir was 12' on the butt. More to the story though. It had 7 logs in it and the first 3 cuts were 40s. You know you got a fight on your hands when you have to wrestle something like that to the landing. Yarded with a skagit 739 in I think 1984.

Kind of a story about that. The reason they were bucked 40s was the owner of the company was looking for a 1st place load for the loggers playday but when we pulled the cuts apart it showed a lot of rot. The butt wasn'too bad but it got worse as it went up and ended up clearing up by the third cut. 1st 2nd and 3rd logs ended up being culled. Never left the landing, cut into firewood. We had to yard them because of USFS regulations. Did make a pile of firewood. Was only about a mile and a half from my house so I got some of it.
I've had to load a few wuth the yarder from time to time though but nothing quite that big.

Great pics. Looks like you had to squaw hump the spruce to get the choker on it, (can I say that?)

Brother and I spent one summer cutting an old growth fir unit on the Rogue. Probably the last old growth cut there. Half the trees were 50% cull, short, snag topped and huge diameter. (nothing quite as big as the one in your pic, but lots of 8' stuff.

I drove so many wedges that summer that I could swing a hammer like a pro baseball player. We used long steel wedges, and cut plates out of old saw bar. I never worked so hard in my life.

Every so often we'd hit a pitch pipe. Pitch pipe would put the hurt to a fresh chain.

As I remember we had that log strapped to upend it. As you can see it had run into that snag in the picture. We had to pretty much upend it all the way to the landing.
Sure wish I had had a camera back in the day. Missed a lot of good pics. Didn't seem out of the ordinary at the time. Probably the biggest I ever yarded was a spruce on Kalaloch cr. The second cut was 11'6" on the small end. 1st log was a 16, Just under 16' through so as big around as long. 2nd log bridged across a small draw so the cutters bucked a 42 footer. We had to put a block purchase and use a parbuckle to get it up to where it could be bucked in two. Many more I missed. Wish I had known.

Moving

.... I don,t have any pics of when I was working in the riggin , but I do have some of cutting .. However we are moving and I am starting to pack the truck today so it will be weeks before I can scan them and figure out how to post them ...I have a few on digital from this year . But until I can cut a strip on Admirality Is. I probably won,t have any nice big ones to show execpt from my past ..,

Summer Fashions

Here's the latest in summer fashions for fallers. They were grinning because that tree has to come down and I asked if anybody remembered how to fall that size of a tree. The guy on the right was actually wearing chaps today while falling. We were wandering about looking at old trees that were going to be a hazard to work around, and I was slapping paint on them so they could be felled. The ones to cut had dead tops which were liable to come down on folks working below.
attachment.php

Here's my blue mark of doom.
attachment.php

And, finally, their rig has quite a debate on the side. You can't see it here but there is an ongoing debate that is etched in different layers of Wash Me, then No, another layer and Wash me, and NO...
attachment.php

I couldn't hang around to watch the big tree come down. He had to drop trees to make room and I had to go mark more danger trees and then go and
see if it was possible to get high centered on snow so we could warn the tourists. I also checked out the response time of a co-worker with a winch.
Response time was acceptable and the winch passed the test.:)

I'm not a logger.

I'm a firewood cutter and a farmer but I finally figured out how to post pictures (actually my kid showed me) so I have been posting them all over the place. Hope you guys don't mind. I'm like a kid with a new toy!

WoodCutting195.jpg

WoodCutting051.jpg

WoodCutting002.jpg

WoodCutting009.jpg

Latest posts

Back