Almost 20 Years

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp Yankee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The Husky 268XP died last week and has been officially pronounced.

Bottom end let go, not pretty. Not a clue as to how many hours and cord were on that saw. Only issue I ever had was the old gas line rotted out with the new gas. The saw has become an organ donor.
Currently looking for suitable replacement thinking 372 or 2171. Maybe a 272XP to fool with over the winter.

Man I'm gonna miss that saw.

Take Care

A guy can sure get attached to a saw. Almost like loosing an old friend. Good luck in your next venture.

Sorry to hear that. At least it had a long, good like. Good luck finding a new saw. I think you are on the right track.

Adam

A 2171 will be a worthy replacement of you 268. Just grab one before they are discontinued!

Doesn't really matter I guess but he can be a little different with the 2171 and have all the features plus the right handle bar.....

btw, just for the record, Stihl has the best looking saw:D

do not under-estimate the power of the dark side.

soon, your training will be complete

Doesn't really matter I guess but he can be a little different with the 2171 and have all the features plus the right handle bar.....

btw, just for the record, Stihl has the best looking saw:D

Don't know really they have always been behind me while cutting
and like way behind:hmm3grin2orange:

do not under-estimate the power of the dark side.

soon, your training will be complete

Quit calling them that, mine are the light not the darkside, less in the light = husky or holy saw. I don't care for the otherside.
Stihl = well if you are creative you can get it same with dolmar =
you can fill in the blanks.

Last edited:
Back