Almost that time of year again.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to a hvac supply house and you can get the motor only, much cheaper
they are interesting. How would you go about wiring them. I keep my LP set at 63 so just in case the fire goes out the LP kicks on so I would need the damper to shut if the LP furnace fires up.

When w is energized the dampers are energized or de energized. Depends on the set up.

Temps are supposed to drop into 50s for highs and 30s for lows in the next few weeks here. I was wondering when do you guys and gals usually start firing up your wood burning stoves, furnaces, or fire places? I'm going to try and not use any LP this year and heat with wood so I might start some small fires soon.

Third night of running a fire. Burning uglies. Temps down into the 40s with a frost warning last night.

Harry K

I've been noticing the trees getting ready to drop a bit early this year here along the Cheeseline also. All signs point to an early Fall/Winter! Though I'm ready with my full three year stock of wood stacked, I'm already slightly regretting burning up a half a cord of unstackable uglies/junk just a couple of weeks ago. I knew I would. Tsk, tsk... Should have just tossed 'em and waited, but I wanted to see what a cleaned up splitting area would look like...

I've been noticing the trees getting ready to drop a bit early this year here along the Cheeseline also. All signs point to an early Fall/Winter! Though I'm ready with my full three year stock of wood stacked, I'm already slightly regretting burning up a half a cord of unstackable uglies/junk just a couple of weeks ago. I knew I would. Tsk, tsk... Should have just tossed 'em and waited, but I wanted to see what a cleaned up splitting area would look like...
I almost fired her up last night. Outside temp dropped to 45 and it was 65 on the thermostat in the house when I woke up this morning. I've got 4 kids so I like to keep the temp about 68 in the house. I have a temp gun and checked their rooms and it said 63 so a little chilly.

I thought this morning with the windows open, why is 59* ok now? When in winter 65* is unacceptable?

When I first replied a week ago, I thought it would be "way in the future." But I almost started a fire the past 2 days. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that everyone would be out of the house before the stove really got going.

When I first replied a week ago, I thought it would be "way in the future." But I almost started a fire the past 2 days. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that everyone would be out of the house before the stove really got going.
I actually have had a fire going for the last 3 days straight. Been pretty chilly.

Latest posts

Back