alpine magnum copy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimberMcPherson

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I see in the Australian Arbor age that theres an ad for "stumpmaster" stumpgrinders. Seem very very simular to the alpine magnum aside from they look like they incorperate more steel rather than aluminium. Even the same claimed weight. Anyone seen one for real?

Hi Timber.

From my understanding Stump-master is the original Alpine is the copy. The reason the Alpine is such a good machine is they put a lot of design into the cutter-head. The teeth on the alpine are large chain saw like teeth with carbide tips that cut just like a chainsaw they even have depth gages to limit the bite. The Stump masters cutter looks like it will grab and require quite a bit of effort to control. I guess that the stump master will also throw quite a bit of debris hence the larger guard which in turn limits accessibility.

My partner rang the guy, hes selling them at half the price of the magnum (2700 aussie bucks for the unit without powerhead) and says hes sold a few hundred of them over the years. I have yet to see a pic or image of the alpine teeth, it seems they arent keen to show buyers what they look like as they show all the other pieces on their website. Full set of 8 teeth are 74 aussie dollars for the stumpmaster, not bad! Now if only someone could compare the two......

Anyone got a pic of an alpine magnum tooth?

HI,
I was looking at getting an Alpine myself(£2800) with power head,pity they dont use an 088 :(. I'd also be interested to hear if any1 can give us some info on both models.
Does the guy who sells the stumpmaster have a web site?
Thanks.

I like the look of that little SM3, the articulated stumpcutter. anyone know how much it is?

Back