Altec dc610 won't run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLlandscape

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone. It' been awhile since I've been on here. I got out of the landscape and tree game for a few years and through word of mouth and helping people out I'm back in now part time.

Onto my issue. I have a altec dc610 with 350 hours on it and has been a great machine since I bought it in May, until yesterday. Started the engine to warm up before bringing to speed and it shut off after less than 5 minutes while in idle.
It's powered by a honda GX690. I have tested and bypassed the fuel solenoid underneath the carburetor. I verified with an inline tester that I have spark to both plugs. And I'm getting fuel to the carburetor. I verified that both of the fuses underneath the starter are good and I even bypassed the oil level sensor switch.
I've run out of theories as to what the problem could be. The only thing I can think now is one of the sensors or switches associated with the Panic bar or somewhere else is cutting the engine off to keep it from running does anybody know of any kind of diagnostic test I can do with any of the other sensors associated with the Hydraulics or Panic bar to determine if that's the cause or if I can simply unplug them to make the motor run any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good lord, just realized I put Alter not Altec

Latest posts

Back