Am I crazy??!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
welcome king youre off to a good start, just think 3yrs from now you will have 3 saws a trailer,splitter and looking at used skidsteers

I don't burn wood (my job keeps me away from the house 12-15 hours often) but grew up cutting it. I now help my brother cut 25-30 cords a year for his boiler and some that he sells. I look forward to helping him on the weekend all week long! I am probably one of the few people that has not burned a stick of wood in 10 years but owns 2 decent saws.

Will

Am I crazy? maybe...

I have not burned wood at my home ever. I have two wood stoves but spend all my time working the trees, fixing this or that and making firewood to sell. Time to change all that right quick here. I got free fuel oil for many years but that looks to be over now. I think my wife may enjoy it more than me, just maybe.

Am I crazy??!!
Yes, but you're in good company. I don't have a wood burning instrument in this home, nor will I. I plan on buying my next house soon (at which point I WILL burn firewood). In the meantime I satisfy my addiction by cutting and splitting with/for other people. It's one of those whole family hobbies. I could go my entire life without heating with wood and I'd still help + be addicted.

It's not a bad hobby/addiction to have...

Latest posts

Back