am I crazy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
They just finished clear cutting behind my house off a logging road. It's literaly a 1 min drive. I just took a spin through the cut with my jeep and saw tons of wood, lots of birch and maple just laying around. I know it's just going to sit there and rot. Am I crazy to go driving through a clear cut to gather all this wood. I have my trailer I figure with the jeep and trailer I could get a 1/4 per trip. It's mostly smaller stuff (6-8" in Dia) but it's free except for my time and gas.. I have 9 cord, don't really need anymore but the woodaholic just see it all laying around. so hard not to go..

Man, I would be all over that! If you dont have a road, make one!Assuming you can get permission of coarse to cut there.More than once I have had to make my own road. Walk the way first off, with your saw in hand. Cut whats in the way and heave it all out of the way. May take you an afternoon, but with wood that close?you bet!

They just finished clear cutting behind my house off a logging road. It's literaly a 1 min drive. I just took a spin through the cut with my jeep and saw tons of wood, lots of birch and maple just laying around. I know it's just going to sit there and rot. Am I crazy to go driving through a clear cut to gather all this wood. I have my trailer I figure with the jeep and trailer I could get a 1/4 per trip. It's mostly smaller stuff (6-8" in Dia) but it's free except for my time and gas.. I have 9 cord, don't really need anymore but the woodaholic just see it all laying around. so hard not to go..

Boy, are you asking the wrong bunch of guys. I think you should trade the Jeep in on a deuce and a half...

Avalancher, this is all cut, it's a big clear cut I'm talking about the scarp they've left behind. Don't really need a road, need a dozer in some spots.

I think I'll head out tomorrow after work and see how I make out.. If it's pretty easy going and I don't have trouble hauling a full trailer through it I'll make plans on heading out on th eweekend.
I'll bring my camera!

Just because you have plenty of firewood on hand doesn't mean you give up free and easy to cut firewood. I have a two year supply and am going to cut more tomorrow.

I think you should trade the Jeep in on a deuce and a half...[/QUOTE]

With CAMO !!!

Ok.. looks like everyone is on baord for going back,,

Here's a pic of a piece I got the other night.. Hopefully there's more this size, it was quite the effort to get it in the Jeep..

Ok.. looks like everyone is on baord for going back,,

Here's a pic of a piece I got the other night.. Hopefully there's more this size, it was quite the effort to get it in the Jeep..

Have fun splitting that! I predict you'll need to make some noodles before you get it to stove size!

is there any actual footage of this proverbial monkey and its football? ive only heard of it.

definitely something i would like to see.

attachment.php

Jump on it like white on rice.When someone asks me "How much wood do you really need?". My answer is " How much is there?". Get all you can today it may be gone tomorrow!:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

Latest posts

Back