Amature Tree Monkey

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh thats what I meant. Do they ever come up to your house!

No, I don't live near any ponds, lakes, or big ditches. I have seen a bunch while hunting around these though. Way back when I was a kid and all the laws were different I killed a 12 footer with a 12Ga in a shell pit. This was the same shell pit close to my grandpas place were a little kid went swimming and came up missing. After I killed it I stopped a deputy and told him. He had the game folks come a cut it open. I don't know what they found if anything.

Whats everybody got against stobs? Some days they are my best friend.
$300 bucks seems like a screamen deal to me but hard to call when not on site.:monkey:

No, I don't live near any ponds, lakes, or big ditches. I have seen a bunch while hunting around these though. Way back when I was a kid and all the laws were different I killed a 12 footer with a 12Ga in a shell pit. This was the same shell pit close to my grandpas place were a little kid went swimming and came up missing. After I killed it I stopped a deputy and told him. He had the game folks come a cut it open. I don't know what they found if anything.

nice man. I wouldnt live near anything with em either. Sad about the kid.

Again nice job.

wonder how much he spent on the harness?:dizzy:

i would've paid 300 buck in a heart beat.

Right on brother we got 2 sets and they set me back about a grand.
What's with all the stick outs them things is rough on the old punkin head and your coconuts when you slip up and bust that old :censored: and don't tell me you ain't never slipped.

I didn't post every picture I had. The stickouts were cut off as I came down. I reached out an let the heavy stuff drop off the ends. Once the heavy stuff was gone I cut off the stickouts. Not sure if it is the correct way or not but it works for me.

The $300 I saved buys me a lot baling twine and diesel. lol

ahhhhhh, only $235 - remember you had to buy that harness!!! Oh and gas for the saw! another $5 bucks!:hmm3grin2orange: did you haul the limbs off or pile 'em up and burn 'em!

so maybe $230 worth of baling twine and diesel!

Yeah, I just have this thing. I don't pay anyone for something I can do myself.

THEN WHY DID YOU WASTE SOMEONE'S TIME TO DRIVE OUT THERE AND LOOK AT THE TREE. How much would you have paid someone to take it down? $50.00 ? You did an ok job, but I hate it when HO waste our time doing estimates. Free estimates aren't your cue too make a fool out of us. We have families, jobs and other things a lot more important to do then waste time with people who don't really want a service. the person who gave you the price was more than fair.

THEN WHY DID YOU WASTE SOMEONE'S TIME TO DRIVE OUT THERE AND LOOK AT THE TREE. How much would you have paid someone to take it down? $50.00 ? You did an ok job, but I hate it when HO waste our time doing estimates. Free estimates aren't your cue too make a fool out of us. We have families, jobs and other things a lot more important to do then waste time with people who don't really want a service. the person who gave you the price was more than fair.

Didn't say he wasn't fair. He didn't come out. I just described the tree and situation and he quoted. I offered let him look at it though.

I got blasted on craigslist the other day for posting free scrap metal. The guy blasted me for it being gone when he got there. What? expect folks to call and offer you a job or something free?

Didn't say he wasn't fair. He didn't come out. I just described the tree and situation and he quoted. I offered let him look at it though.

I got blasted on craigslist the other day for posting free scrap metal. The guy blasted me for it being gone when he got there. What? expect folks to call and offer you a job or something free?

what do you expect? no one wants to drive around and wastew their time. as far as your last sentence. I have no idea what it mean's. nobody offer's me anything for free. I earn what I have.

what do you expect? no one wants to drive around and wastew their time. as far as your last sentence. I have no idea what it mean's. nobody offer's me anything for free. I earn what I have.

Allow me to make this clear enough that even the reading comprehension challenged would understand. Nothing is free. Not free scrap or free work. If the guy wants the free scrap he has to go get it, if he is late it's my mistake? Maybe I should pack it up, go sell it, and then just take the check to him. In your case maybe I should just estimate the job myself, call you up and say "hey, I estimated this tree for $XXX, you want the job"? Save you the work of having to go estimate don't ya think?

We all do estimates. I do estimates everyday. It is how we have to work.

Allow me to make this clear enough that even the reading comprehension challenged would understand. Nothing is free. Not free scrap or free work. If the guy wants the free scrap he has to go get it, if he is late it's my mistake? Maybe I should pack it up, go sell it, and then just take the check to him. In your case maybe I should just estimate the job myself, call you up and say "hey, I estimated this tree for $XXX, you want the job"? Save you the work of having to go estimate don't ya think?

We all do estimates. I do estimates everyday. It is how we have to work.

I think your smoking something!! don't mind doing estimates, some ya get and some ya don't. but you said your not going to pay someone to do something you can do yourself. so why waste the man's time. as far as your scrap metal goes, I don't know the circumstances, nor do I care. that belongs on a different site.. maybe scrap-R-us.com ??

I think your smoking something!! don't mind doing estimates, some ya get and some ya don't. but you said your not going to pay someone to do something you can do yourself. so why waste the man's time. as far as your scrap metal goes, I don't know the circumstances, nor do I care. that belongs on a different site.. maybe scrap-R-us.com ??

Wish I was smoking something. lol I got the estimate from someone I knew thinking well I really don't have the time and I would need a new harness too. Took me an hour to top it. That is all I asked him to do. I ain't paying a tree climber $300/hour.

I bet you would pay $300 an hour................

Wish I was smoking something. lol I got the estimate from someone I knew thinking well I really don't have the time and I would need a new harness too. Took me an hour to top it. That is all I asked him to do. I ain't paying a tree climber $300/hour.

after you got hurt or smashed something.

In all fairness. what most HO don't understand is just because someone can climb it and top it or take it down in an hour, doesn't meen it only took an hour. there is drive time (estimates,work,getting paid?), and no smart tree climber will go to a job without good help. saw and equipment maintenance time. (greasing, fueling, sharpening, repairing, etc.) then there's all the business time. (meetings for insurance, advertising, accountants, banking, motor vehicle, etc.) all this stuff that is part of the job, takes a lot of "time management skill's" thus the reason why so many good tree men don't have their own business. when you run a tree business you take away from your life and your family's life every day your working 14 hours a day instead of being with them. it's hard to put a price on that.... next time you think it only takes an hour, THINK AGAIN !!!

Latest posts

Back