Amature Tree Monkey

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In all fairness. what most HO don't understand is just because someone can climb it and top it or take it down in an hour, doesn't meen it only took an hour. there is drive time (estimates,work,getting paid?), and no smart tree climber will go to a job without good help. saw and equipment maintenance time. (greasing, fueling, sharpening, repairing, etc.) then there's all the business time. (meetings for insurance, advertising, accountants, banking, motor vehicle, etc.) all this stuff that is part of the job, takes a lot of "time management skill's" thus the reason why so many good tree men don't have their own business. when you run a tree business you take away from your life and your family's life every day your working 14 hours a day instead of being with them. it's hard to put a price on that.... next time you think it only takes an hour, THINK AGAIN !!!

Ha you are a funny boy. I have 5 tractors with numerous implements to maintain not to mention trucks and trailers. I know all about keeping machinery running properly. I also have a small machine shop and 4 welders to make sure I can get this equipment up and running as fast a possible. Ha, you think a chainsaw is hard to maintain? You don't have a clue son.

Ha you are a funny boy. I have 5 tractors with numerous implements to maintain not to mention trucks and trailers. I know all about keeping machinery running properly. I also have a small machine shop and 4 welders to make sure I can get this equipment up and running as fast a possible. Ha, you think a chainsaw is hard to maintain? You don't have a clue son.

maybe you should take a better look at my sig. my equipment actually work's daily. not tractors sitting in a field or barn.

your not to bright "stubby"

maybe you should take a better look at my sig. my equipment actually work's daily. not tractors sitting in a field or barn.

your not to bright "stubby"

Somehow I knew you were going to say that except for the stubby comment. The annalists say that folks who use terms like that have penis envy syndrome.

With that said you have a lot of nice equipment that gets driven up and down roads doing not much of nothing other than hauling bodies. My equipment is in the dirt, dust, and mud day in and day out. 105° temps and they gotta run all day pulling and implement that has to run all day not drive somewhere and stop. lol

Maybe just maybe if you didn't have such a mighty opinion of yourself you wouldn't look down you nose at others so much.

Sounds like the short person. You know 5 feet tall but runs his mouth to make him seem bigger. lol

Right on! You don't learn by just forkin over cash, way to get er done. :cheers:

Now spend $2 out of that $230 you saved and buy the snivlers a box of puffs.

Ah, but don't ya know ONLY a "PROFESSIONAL" can climb a tree and take it down correctly? :hmm3grin2orange:

Heck, I fire a rope up with a "professional slingshot" and reef em over with the dozer...that count? :laugh:

Somehow I knew you were going to say that except for the stubby comment. The annalists say that folks who use terms like that have penis envy syndrome.

With that said you have a lot of nice equipment that gets driven up and down roads doing not much of nothing other than hauling bodies. My equipment is in the dirt, dust, and mud day in and day out. 105° temps and they gotta run all day pulling and implement that has to run all day not drive somewhere and stop. lol

Maybe just maybe if you didn't have such a mighty opinion of yourself you wouldn't look down you nose at others so much.

Sounds like the short person. You know 5 feet tall but runs his mouth to make him seem bigger. lol

YOU KNOW A LOT ABOUT PENIS ENVY SYNDROM..AND ANNALISTS. did you learn that in therapy. if you don't want to hire someone.. then don't waste their time. I got no problem with the DIY PEEPS :deadhorse:

YOU KNOW A LOT ABOUT PENIS ENVY SYNDROM..AND ANNALISTS. did you learn that in therapy. if you don't want to hire someone.. then don't waste their time. I got no problem with the DIY PEEPS :deadhorse:

Ah, there ya go talking about your favorite past time again. Knew I should not have mentioned it. You won't be worth a crap the rest of the day.

You know you guys can say what you want about me but, I do have the utmost respect for those of you who are real climbers and do it day in and day out. Most of you in the frozen north climb trees MUCH taller than anything we have down here in the flat lands.

I might have respect your skills but I don't have to respect the attitudes. I guess some of the attitude comes from the thin air up there. lol

what I think they meant is that most climbers would clear those knubs to eliminate some uncontrolled bouncing............... your rope gets caught, etc....

I see a lot of "latin americans" doing tree removal takedowns like that one, leaving a forest of knubs in their wake:greenchainsaw:

But at the end of the day you are alive and the tree is down somewhat safe????

what I think they meant is that most climbers would clear those knubs to eliminate some uncontrolled bouncing............... your rope gets caught, etc....

I see a lot of "latin americans" doing tree removal takedowns like that one, leaving a forest of knubs in their wake:greenchainsaw:

But at the end of the day you are alive and the tree is down somewhat safe????

Ropes? What ropes? Tried that once. Kept getting tangled up in them so I leave them in the Jeep now. :jawdrop: :)

Ah, I figure they will stop me and make the fall shorter. :dizzy::dizzy:

Estimate

After getting an estimate for $300 to take this tree down I decided to do it myself. Bought a harness and up I went.

If i were the company that you got that estimate from. I would have quoted you more that $300 Running a climber, a chipper and chip truck, a two man ground crew to knock that out in a few hrs. Um i think you should have gone with that company. Not saying you did bad work, but that wasnt a very bright idea.

If i were the company that you got that estimate from. I would have quoted you more that $300 Running a climber, a chipper and chip truck, a two man ground crew to knock that out in a few hrs. Um i think you should have gone with that company. Not saying you did bad work, but that wasnt a very bright idea.

Oh it was a great idea. Took me about two hours start to finish. Took the trunk out to the road with my front end loader and cut it up there and stacked it for pick up.

Took the $300 and went and bought another hand gun. lol

Back