American CLS 25HH splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrapiron

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger today and ordered the 25HH from Larry and Sue. I had it down to three- the 25HH, the Timberwolf TW-P1, or the Super Split. Iron & Oak was in fourth place on my list (sorry TomTrees! ;)).

I stayed away from the horiz/vert models as I've used them and don't find I like working with/on them- for various reasons. I also wanted a faster cycle time and at a minimum, the 4 way and pan/table/grate.

After doing a lot of research here and there (mostly here), and based on the type of wood I get (large rounds of sweet and black gum, red and white oak), and that I'm feeding an OWB, the 25HH fit the bill.

I added the pans/ext. hitch, 8hp Honda engine, four way wedge, fenders, and log lift. Yeah, it was a stretch $ wise, but it's a long term investment. I also split a lot of wood with our church's men's group to donate to folks- that's where the wedge will really help production.

The Super Split looks awesome, but again, I get large, heavy rounds. Yeah, i could noodle them, but I'm not getting any younger in regards to lifting. The Timberwolf looks nice, but after a few calls to them and no call backs, well, they must not need my business. :msp_unsure: Plus, the 25HH was cheaper based on the price I got from the distributor. I'm sure their entry level models are good, and they do have a manual lift, but I had a window of opportunity and didn't want to miss it.

I know both Super Split and Timberwolf owners love their respective machines, so I'm not looking to slam anyone or their choices.

As it's been said before, American was a pleasure to deal with, I highly recommend their company.

As soon as it arrives, I'll of course, post pics!

It sounds like you made a well thought out purchase. They make a very nice product. It sounds like you made the right choice for you. Congrats on the new splitter.

Scott

The American is a better machine than the TW1. It's more equal to a TW5FC. Good choice, looking forward to the pictures.

You'll love it, I've been very happy with the American build quality, and the Honda motor is fantastic.

Good choice

American builds a great product. If you perform the routine maintenance that splitter is the last one you'll ever buy.

I've used a few Americans over the years and depending upon how you load and stand when operating, you may want to remove the fenders, or at least put some padding on the edges when running the splitter.

Congrats again. and be sure to post some pics and reviews when you start using it.

Take Care

Great machine

I've posted before on this machine before, you will be happy with it. I had mine since '05 it's been great, Last year i picked up the 6-way wedge I already had the 4-way with the log lift & pans . It'l get er done. Enjoy!!!!!!:cheers:

Back