American Harvester by US Stove Company.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRNDAD

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone here has any input on or experience with the American Harvester Model 6500 multifuel hot air furnace built by the US Stove Company. It can be seen at WWW.USSTOVE.COM. I have found a brand new one for sale at almost half of the manufacturers list price. I will keep my woodstove in the living room but I want to replace my oil burning furnace in the basement with something like this unit. I like the Harmon pf100 but the 3600 dollar price tag is a joke. Any opinions are appreciated. Thank you.

cusguido, are you sure? Mine says United States Stove Company, South Pittsburg, TN.

Seems that when I was researching them that I remember something about them importing something.
Anyone on here from South Pittsburg?

From their website:
United States Stove Company is a privately owned company that is proud to announce, we are celebrating our 140th birthday in 2009. Although there are some that date our beginning to 1864, we have promoted and expressed our start with the Perry Stove Works Company of Albany, NY. Later, Perry and a Memphis company, Wetter Manufacturer, joined forces and moved the facilities to South Pittsburg, near the bank of the Tennessee River. It is here we have stayed and continue to grow.

It appears that some of there stoves are made in the U S, in fact Northern Tool specifically says made in the U S in the description of there Hot Blast furnace. But I bet the cast old fashioned cast iron ones are made in China.

Iburncorn.com

You need to go to Iburncorn.com. They have the information on a stove like this. I have a smaller model 6039 of this stove from us stove company. It really did burn nice once I got it figured out. But it does take a lot of time and tinkering to get it working. Not an out of the box plug it in and walk away kind of stove. If you have used one of these stoves in the past and know how to get corn to burn then they do work and put out a lot of heat. I would not rely on it as an auto backup for your heat. This is far from a gas or oil stove.

Back