an expensive road trip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allstihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
i got a call from my daughter. they had bought 26 acres behind their camp, and wanted to cut a bunch of firewood and clear an area for a shooting range. she wanted to know if i could come help.i got thinking, roadtrip, chainsaws, guns, how could i pass that up. i loaded the quad, the saws, the guns, and hit the road. i arrived to find my sil dressed in shorts and sneakers cutting trees with a green pos. i told him to get in the truck, we were going to lunch. he started to wonder what was going on when i drove past the diner to the place with the stihl sign.when we left the store he had a ms441, spare bar and chains, and full ppe. there was a 044 in nice shape that i decided i deserved for being a nice fil. after 3 days cutting together, we had the range area cleared, a big pile of firewood, and he had the basics of how to use a saw.on the 4th day i tested the range. sorry no pics i forgot the camera.

do you want to adopt me as a step son in law.....I could use a 441

In so many ways. But an 880.....?
Seriously, good on you for the teaching moment. A shooting range is a not-to-shabby benefit. :msp_biggrin:

Expensive? Have you priced out a trip to the ER lately? Seriously though, kudos for teaching him to be safe. Sounds like a great couple of days. Nothing Like like enjoying times with family and friends out in the timber.

Last edited:
Gotta have pics of the targets, we believe you can cut trees but you have to prove you can hit what you shoot at. Does this warrant a BS flag? :laugh:

Yup.

bs_flag.gif

Easy to see one way to make it real expensive- keep it "allstihl".

Sorry, couldn't help it. :cool2:

Dang, allstihl, what's the matter with you? :dizzy: Let this be a lesson to us all. Don't your screen potential sons-in-law? We must NEVER let our daughters marry a guy who thinks green is a good color for a saw.:msp_angry:

Sounds like a great time, though!! What were you shooting?

Latest posts

Back