An idiot and a vermeer sc252

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyhightree1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Today I saw the biggest idiot in the world he had a vermeer sc252 on a el cheapo trailer with no sides no straps just wheel chocks. He took a turn with his truck and next thing I know the sc252 rolled off the truck in a cuve into on coming traffic and had to roll over atleast 3 times. I stopped to help the guy out come to find out he just bought the machine today and was going to start a business since were getting bad storms. I felt bad for the guy. Has anyone else ever seen anything like that before ?

Ive seen many an idiot in my day.

IMO he shouldnt be running a stump grinder anyways if he didnt have the intelligence to use tiedowns, chains & binders, hell even a couple truckers hitches..

Probably saved his life or limbs.

Could of been worse... picture a chipper with a pintle ring being pulled behind a truck with a tow ball!

went fishing years ago.. saw a semi with a drop deck, at Lori's lakeside tavern.. after fishing, went to Lori's for a beer..heard a CRASH BOOM BANG .. the trucker in the bar all day, he went,, before we came in,, and picked up a CAT 977, never tied it down, and lost it on the bridge over the lake on his way back...the thing rolled off the truck onto the bridge.. did a complete turn, crushing the cab,, but landed right side up...he made a u-turn, came back, dropped the deck, got the machine on the trailer, hooked back up,,,,,,,then the cops showed up.... not only a DWI,, they found pot in the truck,, and the county closed the bridge for damage...he didn't have a good day..

There was this bridge under I-94 in downtown Milwaukee ( I think the re-do of the interchange solved the problem) that was clearly marked with low clearance . At least once a month there would be some trucker that did not understand the concept and jam the trailer or, worse, the cargo under the overpass.

Same interchange...highrise bridge...sharp turn at least once a year a semi would go off the side into the parking below till they put in the slopped walls on the outside of the turn.

A log jam had built up after high waters behind this low-head dam. A big excavator-type bucket rig was clawing them out of the water. You guessed it..... got a little too close to the edge of the river bank and while doing a long reach pulled the machine forward, it slipped down a bit of bank, did a quarter turn and kaSPLASH onto its side. The guy got out OK. I so very wish a had a picture for you.

A log jam had built up after high waters behind this low-head dam. A big excavator-type bucket rig was clawing them out of the water. You guessed it..... got a little too close to the edge of the river bank and while doing a long reach pulled the machine forward, it slipped down a bit of bank, did a quarter turn and kaSPLASH onto its side. The guy got out OK. I so very wish a had a picture for you.

If people would think and slow down alot of the :censored: that happens could be avoided.

If people would think and slow down alot of the :censored: that happens could be avoided.

I agree. The guy that dumped the 252 wasn't an idiot because he didn't use tiedowns. Likely, the machine got dumped because he was cornering too fast or didn't have the cutterhead lowered all the way onto the trailer deck. The lack of tiedowns alone will not cause a machine to spill off of a trailer. Not that tieing it down might not have prevented the spill but, the use of safety gear/restraints is no excuse for reckless driving with equipment in tow.

I agree. The guy that dumped the 252 wasn't an idiot because he didn't use tiedowns. Likely, the machine got dumped because he was cornering too fast or didn't have the cutterhead lowered all the way onto the trailer deck. The lack of tiedowns alone will not cause a machine to spill off of a trailer. Not that tieing it down might not have prevented the spill but, the use of safety gear/restraints is no excuse for reckless driving with equipment in tow.

I can agree with that but if you use the right restraints it wouldn't have came off though in my opinion.

Unsecured load..

All those cars in car haulers are in park, but theyre still chained.
All the loads on semis are strapped down.
You chain a bobcat down.

I see a common trait.

Unsecured load..

All those cars in car haulers are in park, but theyre still chained.
All the loads on semis are strapped down.
You chain a bobcat down.

I see a common trait.

+1

I see stupid people
They're all around us
They don't know that they're stupid.....
:buttkick:

heres a guy I snapped at the dump who hadnt quite grasped the concept of backing, imagine if he had a truck! (guy in the wide hat is the owner)

You just have to see the messes made trying to cut down trees to realise that there are dangerous idiots everywhere, just most are kept a safe distance from dangerous toys at all times.

Latest posts

Back