And another

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He must not like his chipper very much.

I have almost nailed help before with chunks o wood. I think duh, the loud saw didn't tip you off?? I think it just becomes ambient noise in the work environment and they don't think. After almost nailing help with a 5 inch limb, I make sure that everyone knows before wood is dropped.

I've done that. Got comfortable with working with a guy and signals get confused, I dont look prior to the final cut to ddouble check the DZ..

Had one where I was 60 feet up and dropped a branch after looking then the groundie ran in to grab something as it was coming down.:eek:

every so often when chunking down a stick in fire wood size chunks i'll cut 2. just leaving the top one balanced on the lower one. the ground crew will see me throw the first one but not realize a second one is coming right behind it.:D

I cannot whistle, but I keep a Fox40 whistle on my belt at all times. If the chipper is running while I'm chunking down wood, I can keep the whistle in my mouth and blow a warning when I'm dropping wood. Works well and the ground crew can hear it unless they are right next to the chipper (well away from the drop zone).

Latest posts

Back