And the "NutBar of the Year" award goes to....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mabye you could add a surcharge to your deliveries for mental health services.

Mabye you could add a surcharge to your deliveries for mental health services.

I have only two cures for mental health issues.
A size twelve broke off in your azz
A ball peen hammer applied with force to your frontal lobe.

Either one is offered free of charge.

No way I can beat that one!
The best I can do is the guy I'm subcontracting to took the money he owes me and used it to buy a Cat D4E with. I haven't got a check from him since Nov. & he can't understand why I'm pissed at him, and wont get gung ho about showing up for work. :dizzy: :bang:

Andy

No way I can beat that one!
The best I can do is the guy I'm subcontracting to took the money he owes me and used it to buy a Cat D4E with. I haven't got a check from him since Nov. & he can't understand why I'm pissed at him, and wont get gung ho about showing up for work. :dizzy: :bang:

Andy

So he got a six figure Cat and gave you a one finger salute

I have only two cures for mental health issues.
A size twelve broke off in your azz
A ball peen hammer applied with force to your frontal lobe.

Either one is offered free of charge.

I like your approach but it's gonna kill repeat business

So he got a six figure Cat and gave you a one finger salute

Hahaha. No, I haven't got the sallute.......................yet. He has given me a lot of excuses and promises that there's no way he can live up to though.
He got it used, so it's just a 5 figure cat.
Funny how me & my family had to scrounge through Christmas, and it dosen't seem that he or his have missed a beat. I saw one of his family members driving a "new to them pickup" the other day.
Maybe he's right, maybe I am being unreasonable. :laugh:

Andy

I do not have the stories like you, but somewhere on your truck you must have some kind of crazy magnet.

My truck has several signs all over it saying "Cut Me Off" my wife didn't believe it, until one day she had to drive it. Even had the same guy cut her off twice, and three others do it too. She honestly thought I was making it up....

Thanks for posting the great stories you have. Sort of makes me feel better about the people I deal with. And I do give you a lot of credit for not loosing it.

My son and one of his friends just stopped by to borrow my huge pair of channelocks(I didn't ask) his friend saw what I was reading and told me he had a guy (customer at his dads pizzeria) that came to the door for a delivery wearing only dress socks, holding a twenty. He told me he took the twenty handed him the pie and left without saying a word. He also added that he cannot wait for his electrician apprenticeship to start.

You can't fix stupid

One day I was just too busy to deliver so I sent my dad. It was less than a mile from my house. He had his international S1900. It can hold 3 cords but the costomer only ordered 1. When he got there they expected him to back through a three foot gate with his huge dumpster truck. ( he did everything he could not to laugh) he politely said it can't happen. Next the said he can't dump it on the driveway because it's new and will dammage it. Then my dad suggested it go on the lawn then they said it will wreck the lawn. Then my dad was annoyed he finally dumped it on the lawn they paid him and he left. After he dumped it they complained it wasn't a full cord because it such a big truck an a small load LOL. My dad explained the truck holds 3 cord when full and left. The people were real nutbars. I really don't need them as a repeat customer.

quote from ropensaddle

Nah not really probably like me get it mixed up I burn all the trash wood in my stove early and late winter but there is always a stick or two that gets by my eagle eye lol:cheers:[/QUOTE]

You have an eagle eye too? I thought you only had a hair lip. Man you really got dealt a hand.

(Do you ever lend it?)

Hahaha. No, I haven't got the sallute.......................yet. He has given me a lot of excuses and promises that there's no way he can live up to though.
He got it used, so it's just a 5 figure cat.
Funny how me & my family had to scrounge through Christmas, and it dosen't seem that he or his have missed a beat. I saw one of his family members driving a "new to them pickup" the other day.
Maybe he's right, maybe I am being unreasonable. :laugh:

Andy

Paying ones' materials and sub-contractors gets in the way of ones' lifestyle.

its not THAT good a story, but here's my two cents. A friend of a friend needed about three acres of woods cleared to build a house a few years back. i offered to clear it if i got the wood. They were thrilled by this, and only asked two things...
1) pile the brush so they could burn it later
2) cut the top of the stumps off level about a foot off the ground so the dozer could get ahold of them.

After i had cleared about 3/4 of the property, i got a VERY irate call from the owner saying that i owe him $2500.:confused: He was out in the area i had cleared with his 9N and hit one of those stumps on an incline. It (supposedly) cost him $200 to have someone from on out the road bring a hoe that could flip the tractor back over, and the other $2300 was in damage to the tractor and a few days he missed work with a stiff back.
I asked him why he thought this was my fault, as all i did was follow HIS instructions with the stumps. After a long winded argument about liability and the intelligence of driving a tractor ACROSS an incline covered in stumps, he decided i should cut all the stumps off level with the ground.

I decided that he should just pay someone to come clear the rest of the property and i have not seen or heard from him since.

best i can do...

its not THAT good a story, but here's my two cents. A friend of a friend needed about three acres of woods cleared to build a house a few years back. i offered to clear it if i got the wood. They were thrilled by this, and only asked two things...
1) pile the brush so they could burn it later
2) cut the top of the stumps off level about a foot off the ground so the dozer could get ahold of them.

After i had cleared about 3/4 of the property, i got a VERY irate call from the owner saying that i owe him $2500.:confused: He was out in the area i had cleared with his 9N and hit one of those stumps on an incline. It (supposedly) cost him $200 to have someone from on out the road bring a hoe that could flip the tractor back over, and the other $2300 was in damage to the tractor and a few days he missed work with a stiff back.
I asked him why he thought this was my fault, as all i did was follow HIS instructions with the stumps. After a long winded argument about liability and the intelligence of driving a tractor ACROSS an incline covered in stumps, he decided i should cut all the stumps off level with the ground.

I decided that he should just pay someone to come clear the rest of the property and i have not seen or heard from him since.

best i can do...

Hope you got your wood, some people are dumb.

Hope you got your wood, some people are dumb.

i found early on that i could not leave cut wood at this site. the first day i was cutting, i cut about 5 truckloads before loading up. after about 45 min time to drive home, unload, drive back, the pile was gone. too many wood burners on out the road with sticky fingers. after that i only cut one load at a time, so i got about two years worth of wood out of it. none of it was very big, as this site was a field about 40 years ago, maybe 18 inch max. I've never bothered to figure out how many cords i burn in a year, but lets see...:confused: the wood shed is 8x8x14 and if i pile it full it lasts all season, so ...
10x8x14=1120 SQF
cord = 4x4x8 (right?) = 128 SQF
1120/128 = 8.75 a year
so i suppose i prob. got 18-19 cord ( had some left over)

not all "good wood" though, had to take it all to get any

Sound right you math pros?

Did his repair bill include some new underwear?
I would have liked to see the size of the excavator that it took to right that thing.
If someone on one of our sites ran sideways on a slope, it would be their last day, it tears the hell out of the tracks, kinda like flat turns with an excavator.

You probably have not heard from him because he froze to death waiting for his woodman!

Last edited:
:agree2:
Did his repair bill include some new underwear?
I would have liked to see the size of the excavator that it took to right that thing.
If someone on one of our sites ran sideways on a slope, it would be their last day, it tears the hell out of the tracks, kinda like flat turns with an excavator.

You probably have not heard from him because he froze to death waiting for his woodman!

:agree2:not sure what they used to upright it, but it was just an old ford tractor, i doubt he paid as much for it as he thought it would take to fix it

Back