Andy's surprise Stumpbroke Dolkita 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahdodgegeek

The shirt lady
Reaction score
It all started when Andy volunteered me to handle the raffle for the Dolkita saw that was being auctioned off this winter for Stumpy. (the one Benp won) Andy had raved about running Grandpa tractor's, but when we were done raffling, I knew-He was going to have to have one. So I reached out to EC Saws, who built the raffle saw, to see what it would take to put one together. He told me what I needed, and I went to work. (I decided to send the work to Stump since we didn't have a Stumpbroke saw yet.) After calling every home depot in MN, western WI, and northern IA for weeks, I finally scored at the Apple Valley Home Depot just when I was starting to worry that I wouldnt have time to pull it off.

On a day that Andy thought I was going grocery shopping, I made a 250 mile trip to pick up saws, deliver them to Wetgunpowder, and still make it home with groceries before he had any idea what was going on. For the next few weeks, I secretly emailed, called, and texted with Stumpy, Wetgunpowder & Heavyfuel to make it happen. Then we got to watch Stumpy build his first 7900. HOW COOL.

Well, last night, it all happened. I think most folks knew that the saw was for Andy, except of course, for Andy. Stump & I were trying to figure out how to give it to him, & he finally said "I'm just gonna do it". So he walked up to Andy & handed him the saw. Andy said "Ya, I'd take that." Stump said, "that's good, cause it's yours". About this time Andy was trying to figure out in his head how he could talk mke into buying another saw... Stump leaned over & said to me "I think that went over his head, didn't it." Then he realized it. It WAS his! :msp_wub:

What an incredible weekend we have had! Woo hoo!

You da Woman!

Sarah

You da Woman! Way to go! Did you get it on vid?

You put up with a lot of whining to get to this day!

OH....it couldn't of happened to a nicer guy!

I'll be PMing you my wife's cel number!

I find it very neat that many here have wifes and or girlfriends that support this hobby:clap:

Mine hates every aspect of it in ways so bad I can't even bring it up around her:bang:

Then I turned it into a part time job now doing tree service and stump grinding it is even worse:buttkick:

Sarah,

Sounds like you have yourself hooked with the chainsaw "bug" now.

Congratulations on doing a fine job in the fine art of obtaining a fine saw.

You did it all right.

...About this time Andy was trying to figure out in his head how he could talk me into buying another saw... Stump leaned over & said to me "I think that went over his head, didn't it." Then he realized it. It WAS his!What an incredible weekend we have had! Woo hoo!

You got it bad, girl!! Andy better keep a good eye on you!! :msp_wub:

I find it very neat that many here have wifes and or girlfriends that support this hobby:clap:

Mine hates every aspect of it in ways so bad I can't even bring it up around her:bang:

Then I turned it into a part time job now doing tree service and stump grinding it is even worse:buttkick:

You turned your CAD into a way to make extra $$, and your wife still hates your CAD :msp_ohmy:? My wife would be at least a little more tolerant if my CAD showed some, even a small, profit.

You turned your CAD into a way to make extra $$, and your wife still hates your CAD :msp_ohmy:? My wife would be at least a little more tolerant if my CAD showed some, even a small, profit.

People come up to us in church and around town and ask how it is going with the stumping and tree work and I cringe as she won't even talk about it in open conversation with others in front of me. I don't get it:msp_sad:

But I know I am not the only one in this group. Not a deal breaker for me. Hopefully she will learn to like in her own way or at least tolerate it.

Very happy for those that have others that are interested in thier hobby and support it. It by all acounts is a productive interest with positive results in more ways than one:clap:

Latest posts

Back