another 08S restoration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have done some really nice work 1hander I have a question I hope you or some one else can answer.When you changed the throttle lock I see the slideing pin has an e clip on it .The throttle lock on my 08s was missing and I have a cover from a newer TS350 cut off saw but the pin is steel and the push in part of the pin is some type of plastic and there is no e clip .My question is is the plastic threaded or a press fit I do not have any IPL.

You have done some really nice work 1hander I have a question I hope you or some one else can answer.When you changed the throttle lock I see the slideing pin has an e clip on it .The throttle lock on my 08s was missing and I have a cover from a newer TS350 cut off saw but the pin is steel and the push in part of the pin is some type of plastic and there is no e clip .My question is is the plastic threaded or a press fit I do not have any IPL.

Yes sir actually I can answer that because I was pitching a fit trying to figure out the same thing you are.. how to take it apart and that type of throttle stop is actually squeezed together and it pops into place and once it's popped into place there really is no way to pull that plastic cover off of that steel pin other than just pulling really hard and seeing if it will pop back out what I did is just cut through it with a dremel and then I replaced it with the correct parts

If you use the same type when you go to replace it all you do is get some pliers and squeeze them together and it pops into place

If you want I can give you the part numbers to the throttlestop I used which uses an e clip and disassembles it won't be the right one part number wise but it'll work the same

9460 624 0320 c clip
0000 997 0603 helical spring
1108 180 1600 metal throttle lock button
thatll get you goin boss

im looking for a good shape 08s oil cover if any one knows where i might find one...
its the one withe the molded in raised lettering STIHL 08
S

I have used #80 glass bead on all my restos. Works very well and doesn't hurt the plating inside the cylinder. When done, I scrub the fins with a fine steel brush to give a little gloss again.
View attachment 801004
Hi Buzz, that is an amazing restoration you did on your 08S. Would you have any other photos of your restoration as I am looking at restoring an 08S as well and yours is just sensational.

Can I ask how long it took ? It almost looks like you replaced all the outside nuts, screws and air cleaner lock cover with brand new parts.

Cheers

I finally found one guys and it's in excellent shape no cracks and it's complete with the handle oil pump.. Cap.. Spike or dogs and all I got to do is strip and repaint it and I think I can move on with the 08s restoration soon as I can find a bar the search continues

I am however still trying to find out but I haven't found anything as of yet maybe one of you guys can tell me if the Mufflers on these.... 15835583591827952168489379281748.jpgthe silver ones were actually some kind of silver paint or if there is zinc plated

Back