Another 361 wanted thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimiLL

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Alright so Im a little late to the party and would really like to pick up a new in the box 361. If I cant get one of those a real nice low hours unit would be nice.

Or a 360 Pro? Maybe? Looking for real nice examples or each...lookin to ditch the MS310.

Thanks

Alright so Im a little late to the party and would really like to pick up a new in the box 361. If I cant get one of those a real nice low hours unit would be nice.

Or a 360 Pro? Maybe? Looking for real nice examples or each...lookin to ditch the MS310.

Thanks

My local dealer has them still. He told me he hasnt even heard of the MS362 :laugh: Probably a good thing, as I hear that Stihl went backwards power/weight ratio. If you got the money honey...I got's the time. :)

I seen a new one last week at one of the dealers I went to. If you're interested I can call the 2 I was at last week and see if they have one.

If you are on the lookout for a 360 PRO, you are going to pay... but they are great saws. Very torquey, they don't weigh much- and it feels like there is a lot more motor in it than there actually is.

I posted in another thread.

I'm going to Tennessee this afternoon.They have them down there.$599 plus 9.25% sales tax. You can paypal me or I can get you the info on the dealer and you can make arrangements with them. I'd gladly bring one back for you next week when I come back.

The dealer I bought a new 440 from last week had one on the shelf also. $600 plus sales tax.

With a B&C? If so, that's an amazing price.

$600 for the 361. The 440 was $700 plus tax with 20" b/c. I bought it for another member on here and shipped it to cali. I stopped at a Southern States co-op day before yesterday and they had a 2171 for $650 plus tax with 24" b/c.

There are two for sale right now in the trading post forum. One is NIB, never in wood for $625 and the other is a slightly used for $500. It's a great saw, if you really want one I suggest you jump on it. Good luck.

Last edited:
They had 2 440s the first trip there and when I went back to get one they had sold one. If I bought both maybe it would have been cheaper.

Thanks

I actually have both the ms 360 and the 361 .
Both are a little different , The 360 is wearing a 16" 3/8 stihl RS and a 8 pin . The saw rocks with this setup . I really dont like the saw wearing a 7 pin and larger bar asyou can really tell the vibes then . I use this saw just for bucking and it kicks A$$.
The 361 is running a 20 inch bar with a 3/8 Rs and a 7 pin . I still swear the saw sounds like a pissed off dirt bike . Its smooth as smooth can be but might be a little top end short of the 360 , but i think it has a better power band
One wierd thing , but cool the 361 20" weighs a 1/4 lb less than the 20 " 360

Have you muffler modded the 310 yet? A modded 310 is closer to the 361 than you might think. For the price of a new 361, I'd be looking at the 70cc machines.

Have you muffler modded the 310 yet? A modded 310 is closer to the 361 than you might think. For the price of a new 361, I'd be looking at the 70cc machines.

Yeah the 310 is gettin a little tired and I would like a saw that is rebuildable.

I have a MS 460 so a 70cc saw isnt needed

My local dealer has them still. He told me he hasnt even heard of the MS362 :laugh: Probably a good thing, as I hear that Stihl went backwards power/weight ratio. If you got the money honey...I got's the time. :)

Hey wiggs, no singing around here...especially when the holy topic of MS361's come up! Take yer shoes off you are on HOLY GROUND! (On second thought, no don't take yer shoes off -- just stop singing!)... Now lets talk MS361's new in the BOX!:dizzy:

I wish the dealers around here were like the ones some of yall have. I hav'ent seen a 440 on a shelf in years. I would bout kill for one.

Well, maybe not kill, but I would shuck out some change. Seems like they're even cheap when you guys find them. Some of you guys are lucky!

they dont sell big saws in the piedmont on NC either. but if you go to the mountains they are a lot easier to find. I've saw a couple 880's new. now if I could find a tree big enough for a saw that size.

Back