another CL math is off thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off topic but this post reminds me of a funny story. I had a guy show up on my yard one day riding an antique motorcycle with a side car. He asked how much firewood he could get for $10. I told him he could take as much as he could carry, naively thinking he wouldn't leave with much wood. I swear to god the guy managed to stuff 200 pounds of wood into the side car and drove off with a big smile. Kind of made my day even thought the guy left with about 50 bucks worth of wood.

No good deed goes unpunished !

not every one has free access to wood as most of us do here, so they have to buy it. likewise, there are quite a few people out there selling wood, some legit, some not.

it comes down to buyer beware. if a seller's price or measurement doesn't add up, move on to some one else.

kinda simple, ain't it?

I just did some clearing for a road project out there this summer. I wonder if that's who kept making my wood disappear overnight.
A quick solution for thieves like that is create some puddles on the road/twotrack. When leaving at the end of the day you lay some 2 x 6's with large nails and or screws run thru them. After their first set of flats they do not return. Its a real bummer.

I think the ohio department of weights and measures has and enforces laws directly related to the sale of firewood. Call them and inquire. Report all thieves.

Wasn't to worried about it. The clearing was the paycheck. Wood was just what wouldn't fit in the truck at the end of each day. I took the choice stuff and left the less desire able pieces as I'm used to scavengers.

Latest posts

Back