Another e-bay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously a very inexperienced buyer who can't tell junk from usable, take a look at the number next to the winning buyers name (6) this person sure is an ebay green-horn, too bad he/she doesn't know about the AS site it could have saved them alot of grief and green-backs. There should be a law against taking advantage of someone like this.

Yes .. deifintly should of come here before buying.. ive learned so much in just a couple days.. ive even went to the blacksmith shop and we made a 2 1/2 in bumper spike for my jonred 52e...just becouse i readed here that it helpds make cuts easier.. and i wanted to protect the saw a bit more.. Ohh while on the talk about ebay.. i just purchased a Stihl 011AV .. i was needing a smaller lightweight saw.. so i thought this would make a decent 1 for trimmin.... still havent recieved it yet.. cant wait .. cosmetly in the pics it looks dang good.. and the price.. 158$us .. i iasked the sller.. how often the saw was used.. and how long.. all he said was saw runs great and idles down smoothly.. but hasnt cut anywood with it. either way.. for 158$ and the saw runs good.. hopefully i didnt go wrong --any opinions?

Well, you can find deals on eBay, but it is getting tougher. In fact, I was just looking over an eBay purchase of a few bars for my saws and when I got them I gave them a very quick look and set them down until I could use them.

They were advertised as new and one is used and slightly bent and the other is new, but the wrong pitch(advertised wrong). I should have looked at these things closer right away, but they should have been what was advertised. I guess to learn the hard way for $25 isn't so bad. Makes me mad.

I don't know if that was a good buy on the Stihl. I am a Johnny Red man myself.

Some how i new someone would say that.."why would you buy a stihl if ou have a jonyred?".. well reason being.. i prefer this ole red.. becouse lack of plastic.. i dont care for poulen and homelites; ok i sould say im not a fan for using them. And i was needing a decent, lightweight quality saw.only time i cut .. is for recreation to stock up for catfishin time and camping.. and i needed a smaller saw due to a minor back surgery .. ohh i was bidding on a jonyred 80 on ebay .. but like i said.. friends told me "why the heck do you even need a bigger saw!!" so when 4 of them told me this thats when i seen the stihl..

treeclimber jul said:
Looks like junk to me also, Somebody wanted it bad. looks twisted from the front as well.
Looks like a saw I had that a crawler ran over. That e-bay is a hoot, pay a dollar for an item and ten dollars to ship it. E-bay makes big bucks to some and is interesting to look at on a snow day.:monkey: :chainsaw:

crashagn said:
Some how i new someone would say that.."why would you buy a stihl if ou have a jonyred?".. well reason being.. i prefer this ole red.. becouse lack of plastic.. i dont care for poulen and homelites; ok i sould say im not a fan for using them. And i was needing a decent, lightweight quality saw.only time i cut .. is for recreation to stock up for catfishin time and camping.. and i needed a smaller saw due to a minor back surgery .. ohh i was bidding on a jonyred 80 on ebay .. but like i said.. friends told me "why the heck do you even need a bigger saw!!" so when 4 of them told me this thats when i seen the stihl..

I have nothing against Stihl. You need to buy what you like and feel comfortable with. I only like Jreds because I grew up with them and never had a lick of trouble with them. If I had grown up with Stihl, I would be running Stihls. I was only saying that I don't know if it was a good deal because I have no idea what Stihls are worth.

You guys notice that 20 degree angle on the chainbrake? Or maybe it's just aftermarket. Maybe I could buy-it-now for $800.00. WHEEEEEEEE EBAY!!:confused:

Anyone notice the easy pay plan the seller is offering. I have sold a few saws on evil bay, the easy pay is a seller option, for a fee of course. I think this is the first time I have seen anyone use it to sell a saw.

Larry

I've been trying different things on ebay and after tonight it's become obvious. I've sold lots of the same models of saws and the non-running saws have consistently been selling for more than the running ones. At this point I've pretty much made up my mind to stop wasting my time working on them and just list everything as is.

Latest posts

Back