Another eBay burn

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Brad thats to bad,but you know it happens.I know you remember the saw I sent you that was supposed to be completly rebuilt that I got on eBay.I got $50.00 from the seller but I have an extra $225.00 with the new piston and not counting the port work.I will never buy another saw on eBay:mad:

Don't feel too bad, I am now into my 084 AV 450$. It's amazing that people neglect saws the way that they do. I mentioned in a reply a few days ago on another thread that I am getting a new Tillotson carb for that saw because someone had run the H screw in so hard that it damaged the seat and those carbs have non replaceable seats. The saw looks as if it has fallen out of a truck at road speed a time or two!

A friend of mine that I sell wood to has a MS 360 that he got out of a junk pile on a strip job down in Kentucky! I could see why it might have been put there, but I hope I can just trade a few loads for it and see what happens from there. Nice rehab job as always! JJ

Oh man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the 046 that was in that batch of saws!!!!

My said:
This auction is for a Sthil 046 magnum (powerhead only) excellent runner starts easy, with new rings,seals, and bearings. Don't let this one slip through your fingers. Free shipping with buy it now option and plus i'll throw in a 6 point tin hardhat. Thanks

I won't get it till Tues.!!!!! Just a bit curious how mine will look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brad out bid me on that one, kinda glad I didn't win them both. LOL!

I only ever bought one saw on ebay. A late 066 mag. Some pawn shop had it listed with a buy it now. I took a chance as it was cheap for what it was. I got lucky, it's a good saw.

I bought a project saw from a member here, send payment by priority mail on 1-12-10 and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. It's a few states away, but the postal service isn't that slow. I've wondered a few times if I've been burnt, but then there was some mis communication issues on his end. I'll give it another week and see, hopefully it pans out.

I only ever bought one saw on ebay. A late 066 mag. Some pawn shop had it listed with a buy it now. I took a chance as it was cheap for what it was. I got lucky, it's a good saw.

I bought a project saw from a member here, send payment by priority mail on 1-12-10 and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. It's a few states away, but the postal service isn't that slow. I've wondered a few times if I've been burnt, but then there was some mis communication issues on his end. I'll give it another week and see, hopefully it pans out.

That's too long to wait. I called the post office on about the same thing and they told me that sometimes on non-priority mail they wait until they have several shipments before they ship, to save on fuel and money, I supposed.
You still shouldn't have to wait more than two weeks.

Sir I would put the wiseco piston in that 066 and mail it back to the guy. It appears he could give you some real run time on a saw in real world testing. 066 just looks like a real world timber faller chainsaw to me. :dizzy:

E-bay chainsaw not as described....hmmm...seems like I've heard this one before. How many times does this lesson need to be re-learned? :dizzy:

E-bay chainsaw not as described....hmmm...seems like I've heard this one before. How many times does this lesson need to be re-learned? :dizzy:

When you're looking for bargains on eBay, it's going to happen. If you're not willing to take the risk, don't shop there. I guess it's my fault that I don't expect a seller to be an outright lying thief.

Wow,you really got stogged. Probably light a match off your back end........:)New seals and bearings alright,thats nasty. I was going to bid on a saw on the bay today but stuff like this makes you really think twice. Ebay seems to be such a crap shoot,the guys who get a good deal are sure in the minority.Hope it works out Brad :givebeer:

Why didn't I just send it back? Well, I wanted the saw, good deals on 066s are hard to come by, and there's nothing wrong with it I can't fix. Plus I just can't help myself from fixing a saw. Had the case or cylinder been unusable, it would have been a different story.

Will I get a partial refund? Probably not. I took that risk when I started the repairs. I'm fully aware that I lost my leverage with eBay when I started the repairs. I hate seeing someone get away with this kind of thing as much as anyone else. But it's obvious I'm not going to stop him. Not when he's doing this with multiple accounts to spread out the negative feedback. I figure it's less hassle for me in the long run to just clean it up and move on. So that's what I did. The progress you see was made in one afternoon/evening. Although repainted, it'll otherwise be a very nice saw when I'm done with it.

Is that a wood screw I see there in lieu of a proper chain catcher?Were those odd-ball bolts at least the right dia. and thread pitch?

You guys are MUCH braver than I......I'll keep biding my time and troll craigslist...:mad:

Is that a wood screw I see there in lieu of a proper chain catcher?Were those odd-ball bolts at least the right dia. and thread pitch?

You guys are MUCH braver than I......I'll keep biding my time and troll craigslist...:mad:

No. They are proper bolts, just not the correct torx heads. The large bolt sticking out was not being used as a chain catcher. I was just showing that it's the wrong bolt and has been tapped to 6mm. I'll be replacing these bolts with the correct ones.

attachment.php

If you would have spent a bit more I'd have sold this one.........:cheers::cheers:

Low mileage 066

Why didn't I just send it back? Well, I wanted the saw, good deals on 066s are hard to come by, and there's nothing wrong with it I can't fix. Plus I just can't help myself from fixing a saw. Had the case or cylinder been unusable, it would have been a different story.

Will I get a partial refund? Probably not. I took that risk when I started the repairs. I'm fully aware that I lost my leverage with eBay when I started the repairs. I hate seeing someone get away with this kind of thing as much as anyone else. But it's obvious I'm not going to stop him. Not when he's doing this with multiple accounts to spread out the negative feedback. I figure it's less hassle for me in the long run to just clean it up and move on. So that's what I did. The progress you see was made in one afternoon/evening. Although repainted, it'll otherwise be a very nice saw when I'm done with it.

Understandable enough. Pretty deceitful guy, eh? Imagine what else this fellow is capable of.

Kudos blsnelling, thats what i would do. You want the saw, you can fix it, keep it for the challenge and the fun of rebuilding it. Can't wait to see it cutting on youtube!

Latest posts

Back