Another Fiskars review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-rock

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Spent the last 2 days breaking in my Fiskars x-27. This thing works great! one nice feature is even if it gets embedded deep in the wood it never gets "stuck" With just a little wiggle the head will pop right out without even moving the piece of wood your splitting. Sometimes on the more stubborn bigger rounds it will bounce back up, but not without leaving it's mark in the wood, a good swing or 2 more and it's split. I took a pic of how far into the wood it will go, I gave the handle a single light "pop" and it was free every time.

View attachment 216567
View attachment 216568

And a pic of the haul, This was yesterday and todays work.
View attachment 216569
View attachment 216570

I luv the fir it splits easy most of the time.I have been splitting ponderosa pine with mine.

I have only had to wedge the last few biggest rounds. All else split with a nice loud pop via the fiskars.

Another point I'd like to make is I'm short at 5/6 and I prefer the full length x27 fiskars. I prefer and swing it like any other axe I have ever handled.

I've been wanting one for quite awhile and decided to order one. Just got it in today. It's gonna be my back up just in case my splitter goes down.

I used my X27 for the first time today. I was splitting what was standing Dead oak and I was pleased with the 27's performance.

That's it!
I'm gonna order the X27 from Home Depot for $54.97 and that includes free shipping.

Don <><

attachment.php

Little X5

Just got my little X5 hatchet today. I wanted to buy it from Bailey's but they didn't offer it on their web site. So a Amazon vendor got the order. Haven't used it yet. Might take it out tomorrow morning and shave with it!!! LOL

:D:D

That's it!
I'm gonna order the X27 from Home Depot for $54.97 and that includes free shipping.

Don <><

Don, I bought mine from Amazon.com and it was $49.99 and free shipping. I had to pay $3.00 in taxes but I don't think that all states have to pay taxes when ordering from Amazon. I also ordered an X7 hatchet for $21.97 and it was shipped free also by buying both. The total order taxes and all was $76.28.

Don, I bought mine from Amazon.com and it was $49.99 and free shipping. I had to pay $3.00 in taxes but I don't think that all states have to pay taxes when ordering from Amazon. I also ordered an X7 hatchet for $21.97 and it was shipped free also by buying both. The total order taxes and all was $76.28.

The reason I like to buy from Home Depot is they're real good about taking stuff back for just about any reason, even if you've used it to see if you like it. Plus veterans get a 10% discount on all non-sale items. This has saved me a couple hundred dollars over just the last 3 years.

We bought my girlfriend a gas powered snow thrower (non-electric start) from Home Depot. Well, the first time she tried it, she couldn't get it started. Great bod but no strength. She could pull the starter cord, but just not hard and fast enough to get it started. I started it with no problem and cleared her driveway. It worked just fine. But we took it back and got her the same model with electric start. Got no hassles from Home Depot about the swap.

I was looking at a little Ryobi 4 ton electric log splitter for $299 at Home Depot. But not knowing anything about splitters, I wasn't sure it could do the job. Floor person said take it home and try it. If ya don't like it bring it back. Well that was 7 years and 50 cords of wood ago. That little sucker has split virtually everything I've thrown at it.

Don <><

Think I will stick with the X25. It is getting the job done and works great for chopping off those pesky knobs on the Cherry rounds I've been getting.
Anyone tried the shovels????

I just bought an x27 myself. Tried to get in on Bailey's $39.95 price in December, but by the time I tried to order they were out of stock, and not willing to confirm the price would hold for backorder. So, I went with Amazon and paid $49.95 with no tax collected, and free shipping. I just sold another load of firewood and feel like I recover the price in splitting efficiency.

I mostly split straight-grained red oak, like this:
P1050037.JPG

I don't split for speed, and I usually drag the wood to a more stable chopping block, but I just set up one of the rounds and shot this short video of my first workout on the Fiskars x27
Now that I have it, I'll try some other uses:
P1050048.JPG

Wow ! I'm impressed that the Fiskars split that tree down the middle !!

I ordered mine online last week. I'm hoping it will be here in a day or two.

x25

just got done using my x25 that ordered from baileys las tuesday and recieved on thursday. it is working great on the white oak and cherry rounds i have, i havent touched my 8 lb maul since i got it. ive probly split 1 cord already with it in half the time.

Anyone tried the shovels???? I have had one of the shovels for about two years now. I own a landscape company and have an employee who can break the handle out of anything. So far the Fiskars shovel has held up to anything we have thrown at it. I like the feel of the steel handle also, it isn't all that much heavier than a wood handled shovel. When I get into the real hard dirt I always use the Fiskars, I know it will not break. I also have a Fiskars X 27 I have been using a couple of months now. I really like it as well. It had just about replaced my 8 pound maul. I am quickly becoming a fan of their products. Now if I can just find a Fiskars leaf rake.

i busted some wood with a new '27 fiskars yesterday and was really impressed. my buddy has been behind in his wood gathering so i went over to help him get caught up. he had a truck load of 8"-14" locust he'd gotten out of the woods before ground thaw that we bucked and split. if i had the doe i would like to have the fiskars because with some wood hand splitting is quicker than the gas splitter.

i've got a 6lb. maul that does the trick, but why swing a club when a fiskars can do the same chore with much less effort. it's a really nice tool.

Latest posts

Back