Another good day cutting with my Dad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davej_07

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Many, many moons ago, my Grandfather had the notion to grow EVERY black walnut that sprouted on the family farm. Nature has a funny way of letting these things grow right next to garages, the workshop, alongside the barn, etc. Today I spent along with my father cutting, dragging, splitting and stacking the trees Grandma had marked for execution:)

When the smoke cleared and the splitter was finally shut off we had split and stacked 1 1/3 cords of walnut, minus some nice slabs I cut for bowl turning. Its always a good day when I can play with the saws AND spend it with my Dad. Its also a good feeling knowing that Im set thru 2012 for wood............

and as were were finishing up, one of the neighbors shows up on his tractor and asks if I wanted any of the dead standing elms, oaks and the occasional hickory that hes in the process of taking down along the river near his place. When I told him sure, just tell me where I can come get it he tells me that he will have his kid bring it over with the dump truck. Judging my the sound of it, I could have several more cords of wood waiting for me in the next couple weeks. Ahhhhh I have to say it was a good day......

Dave

Sounds like a good day with your dad, and a good deal on the wood.:givebeer:

Back