Another hot day, another little load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It makes a huge difference. Mine is only 50mm 72cc but the newer x-torq saws, while a little heavier, have a very wide powerband.

Totally understand Ted. I have enough projects that I can hold out for screaming deals so that's what I do. I also, like you, have enough running saws around I don't need to get anything. I can afford to be picky. If you really get the itch, my advice is buy a project 372 on ebay. Put another ~$125-$150 into it depending on how far you want to take the rebuild. You'll have right around the same amount into it as you would a huztl and itll be just as new inside and all(or mostly all) OEM.

That's a good place to be, and once you get to that point the "hobby" side of all this becomes effortless. Plenty of running saws and waiting projects means there's no reason to be in a hurry or overpay. Other thing I've found is that patience pays off. Sooner or later what you are looking for will show up.

So, if that's a "little load" what do you call a big load? LOL I always say that small loads add up.

Even heaped up that short box only holds about 1/3 of a cord. Pulling the trailer it's about all I want to cut at a time. And in the summer I usually just cut until the first setback (out of gas or oil, dull chain, etc) happens. This is my lazy season when it comes to firewood.

Yup, that's about it for a short box. Always figured my Dakota was 3 trips for a full cord. Probably doesn't sound all that efficient to guys with bigger rigs, but you know, you gotta run what you have and make it work. This truck has hauled a LOT of wood over the years. Bring it home one load at a time.

Distance of course makes a difference, and the job site in this pic was exactly 5 miles from my house. Logger was a good friend and I got 43 loads like this in the time they were there. :)

003.JPG

I use my off road wheel barrow from time to time. It seems pretty comfortable with about 10 cf per load. With about 15 to 20 loads to fill up my F250 which is close to exactly 1 1/2 cords. The longest haul took about 4 hours to fill up the pickup. Even if it took longer it has been well worth the effort. One load at a time adds up. Thanks

I use my off road wheel barrow from time to time. It seems pretty comfortable with about 10 cf per load. With about 15 to 20 loads to fill up my F250 which is close to exactly 1 1/2 cords. The longest haul took about 4 hours to fill up the pickup. Even if it took longer it has been well worth the effort. One load at a time adds up. Thanks

1.5 chords in an F250? You must be pulling a trailer too.

Latest posts

Back