another Huskee/Speeco 22 ton table idea (Pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odps

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
The Huskee/Speeco 22 ton splitter can be a good choice for a residential level user. Not too expensive, but still very effective. But as it goes with most equipment at this level, it's just beggin for a mod. Since it doesn't have a table... a lot of owners end up fabbing one.... here's a description of mine... Brackets were welded to the splitter and a table was made to simply set in the brackets, no tools or fasteners, just set it on, set off... I usually set it off when splitting vertical or when I transport the splitter...

Pic with it off:
woodsplittermod.jpg

Pic with it set on:
logsplittermod450X338.jpg

Some of the first pics were made before the last pieces were added... Here is a pic showing the last three pieces of tubing added to the edge of the table to keep any splits from vibrating off while splitting...

huskeetableon442x380.jpg

Looks good!! I have a speeco 22 ton and would like a table too. Have not decided to build or buy. The one on ebay looks appealing.

yes, I seen some on eBay as well... one I seen wasn't level with the I beam and as I understand, you have to bolt it on and off... The price wasn't real bad though... $92.20 with shipping...

I probably got $60.00 in material... plus some scrap metal layin around was used too... my good friend welded it up... we swap out work...

As long as the systen [like yours] moves the wedge and not the wood, that'll work fine. If the wood was being pushed past the wedge, you'd have to make the catcher bars go the same direction. They are a back & timesaver!

Very nice! I think I'll be making a couple! I need one, and so does a coworker. We'll probably be using round stock though. We have very little square stuff in the shop at work.

That's cool, I got the same splitter and would like something like that.
I aint no welder...how much for one?

no welder either

That's cool, I got the same splitter and would like something like that.
I aint no welder...how much for one?

I'm not much of a welder either... my buddy did the welding for me... you should be able to find a fab shop or neighbor with a welder and get one fabbed up cheaper than we could build one and ship it... Whoever does the welding for you will need your splitter to weld the brackets on anyway...

That's why the mail order ones on eBay are bolt on models... they figure its probably more convenient for the end user to drill and bolt rather than weld...

but feel free to use the dimensions I posted if you think they could be useful...

Thanks odps....already dialing friends' #, and on the way to the store to buy beer for him.:cheers:

I have the one from ebay on the same splitter. Thought I paid about $75 incl shipping. They do save time and your back

I'm building one of those today. Great idea and good plans. Thanks

Update: all that's left is to weld the three feet on the outside edge of the table and throw a coat of paint on it........ Can't wait to try it.

Last edited:
I'm building one of those today. Great idea and good plans. Thanks

Update: all that's left is to weld the three feet on the outside edge of the table and throw a coat of paint on it........ Can't wait to try it.

those pics were posted up in Jan 2010... still using it...

Post up your pics when you get it done.... we would like to see em...

Back