• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Huskee/SpeeCo 34T splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffHK454

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
View attachment 656595 View attachment 656595 I have a used but in good shape convertible 34 ton log splitter for sale. It was built for Huskee by SpeeCo and has the steel foot plate , not the junk cast piece of the newer splitters. It has a slight drip from the control valve when it's hot, I usually use it as a timer to take a break.

There's a small tube steel work table I added ...comes off easily without tools to go vert. Tires and bearings are in working order but everybody knows they're not made for very long trips.

Hydraulic oil/filter have about 50hrs and should be fine for years. It's always been stored inside.

Last year I picked up a floor buffer with a low hours (120) Honda GXV340 that used to replace the pile of crap Tecumseh that was on it. This engine is a super durable comercial power plant that originally ran on propane and had 120v electric starter..I then bought the Honda conversion to gasoline and 12v starter and swapped the whole thing over. It's starts super easy and is very fuel efficient, it doesn't have a governer but will split anything I've come across at half throttle. The best part is it's much quieter than the cheap lawnmower engines you find on most splitters.

The electric starter isn't hooked up but all the 12v components are new and it wouldn't take much to get it going.

$1,200

Someone messaged me about cycle time and to tell the truth I had no idea...I got on the interweb and it looks like somewhere between 12.5 and 14 seconds.

I'll also listen to all offers..you ain't gonna hurt my feelings.

Not that this matters much but I talked to my buddy who I got the floor buffer off of and he told me the engine is a GXV390 not a 340.

It’s a little more cc’s and HP .

Latest posts

Back