Another Splitter Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the idea, think it's cool. You could pull a dump trailer & put the wood right in it !

I really like the idea, think it's cool. You could pull a dump trailer & put the wood right in it !

Im thinking of putting a manual bypass in line before splitter valve. My hydro man says I don't need to as it will go through relief and back to tank anyway,but im a little concerned about something hitting one of the valve handles when im transporting and causing damage on something I/E valve handle hanging on limb and lowering lift and then wiping it off. Just some of the problems that comes with DRIVING a splitter. I know there are other ways of doing this but I thought this would be simpler and cheaper. I may have to put a relief valve in bypass or something as 28 gpm might be too much on free flow??? What are your thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea for the reasons you stated. I actually put one of these on mine to select which valve I want to use. It would defineatly bring piece of mind.

Surplus Center - 1" NPT 40 GPM SINGLE SELECTOR VALVE CROSS VS4BKLF7

Thanks man. It always helps to hear what your thinking from someone else. I was thinking of just valving and hose bypass. That valve would work great. It does just have 2500 psi. Im running 3000. I have an old selector valve but I don't know pressure either. Duno yet what ill do. Is that where you get most of your hydros.

Yea I buy alot of stuff from these people. Very good to work with, real good tech support also. actually the valve i bought was this one. Surplus Center - SAE 16 40 GPM SINGLE SELECTOR VALVE CROSS VS4BKLF9 Must have gave the wrong link. I'm sure there both 3000 PSI. look at there hoses also, premade & very inexpensive. I like the SAE ports because they seal very good with the O- Ring. I bought all my fittings & hoses there.

Yea I buy alot of stuff from these people. Very good to work with, real good tech support also. actually the valve i bought was this one. Surplus Center - SAE 16 40 GPM SINGLE SELECTOR VALVE CROSS VS4BKLF9 Must have gave the wrong link. I'm sure there both 3000 PSI. look at there hoses also, premade & very inexpensive. I like the SAE ports because they seal very good with the O- Ring. I bought all my fittings & hoses there.

Thanks man , I will check them out when we get back to work on it

Latest posts

Back