(Another) Stihl chainsaw case question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mels

St. Peter's Lodge #21 New Milford, CT
Reaction score
Been searching, haven't found anything that really breaks it down so it's easy to identify which "0xx" series saw fits which case. To make it harder, I haven't been able to locate any specific model numbers identifying these older (80's-90's vintage) 3-buckle cases themselves even.

I have a few of these cases. Of the one size, each of the 028's and the 034 fit and can jump from one to the other without any problem. I also have a couple that are the same vintage 3-buckle and look identical to the others except they are smaller.

One of the smaller ones I used a heat gun on the inside to soften it so I could reshape it to fit the 201T I bought from Brad, worked perfectly. The other one I was hoping to use for the 024 Super 6, but while it'll sit in there, there's no way the top will come close to closing.

I could look for a case that someone had an 024 in which would assure me that it'd work, however finding one of those is like finding a 13th beer in a 12 pack. It probably ain't gonna happen.

I see them ocasionally on ebay and craigslist, but there's no way I know of to tell if it'll fit unless I bring the saw and give it a try. You know, that just isn't practical.

Pretty sure the 024 will fit in an 028 case, but there'd probably be a lot of room to swim around in there.

I guess my question is, when we're looking for a case, how are we to identify which case is for the saw we have? How do y'all do it?

I'll post up a WTB thread looking for a case for this little saw, but at the prices folks are getting I really don't want to blow a pocketful on one that when I get it Home doesn't fit. WTB thread is here: http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/older-style-oem-stihl-case-for-024-super.281451/

Case that is too small for the 024 measures 33 3/4 overall length, 11 3/4 front to back and 11" high. Pics:

Stihl saw case, small 001.JPG Stihl saw case, small 002.JPG Stihl saw case, small 004.JPG Stihl saw case, small 006.JPG Stihl saw case, small 008.JPG

Anybody? I've seen a couple few scattered around CL but the sellers all seem to have amnesia when I ask which model saw they had in the case, lol

Latest posts

Back