Another twist to the 7900 vs 460 debate...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut4fun said:
Boy i am behind the times in just a few months. last I looked at a Dolmar 7900 with 20" b+c was $689. Big price increase, must mean they are selling good. Dang stihl pricing plan now, if sales good raise the price. :cry:

I think is more of "how long could they afford to buy the market with underpricing". I guess - no longer.

Dolmar has not changed the saw price of the PS7900 since august 05' PHO price is $689.95 MSRP. Our shelf price is $699.95 with 20" Pro Bar and Pro Chain. Any deviation of the MSRP has been done by a dealer to buy market not by DOLMAR. All the saws we sell are test run and fully checked over. Also Dolmar does not authorize a Internet Store or selling via the web to non experienced users they would like a hands on from the dealer to the end user.

Scott

Is that the same for the 5500? i.e. MSRP unchanged since introduction?

Also, do they actively try to stop internet Sales?

I know they ???? down a couple dealers that were selling on Ebay.

What my guy told me is that he can sell over the net, but he cannot advertise below msrp

PS5100 with 18" .325" or 3/8" has a unchanged MSRP of $409.95 as well. The standardized pricing took affect when the distribution changed to IDN all throughout the USA

Scott

Lakeside53 said:
Is that the same for the 5500? i.e. MSRP unchanged since introduction?

Also, do they actively try to stop internet Sales?

Not as actively as Stihl but they're working on it.

Sprig said:
... My thought is that the vibrations you consider 'more' are not necessarily the ones targeted by the numbers referred to.

Hi Sprig,

that is basically what I've been trying to explain all along.

How it feels may not be that important when it comes to vibes. As I have mentioned before my 460 doesn't feel much worse than my 346XPG with a RSC chain on it. But there is no way that it would come close in the lab measuring the vibes that do the actual damage. I don't know why some people are finding that so difficult to understand.

It's also something I want to find out some more about so I think I'll mail Dolmar, Stihl and possibly Solo here in Germany and see what they have to say about subjective VS objective vibration levels. Just to see if what they have to say about it matches between them.

Bye

Back