Another underground insulated pipe question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far it was well worth the work and money. My house is warm and I am burning 25% to 30% less wood. M y install was easier this time because I had purchased a 3 point backhoe attachment for my New Holland T C 30 tractor. This is my 8th winter with my Cozeburn OWB. If I can swing it I would like to buy a new conventional boiler before the new EPA laws come in next April in Pensyvannia. I don't know what my OWB is worth, I live in Ohio but the dealer told me they will not be allowed to sell conventionals after April in P.a. Ohio still does not have a law banning the conventional boiler yet.

So are you still using 3-wrap or thermopex?

psu927, did you read up farther that rockarosa replaced his 3 wrap? He installed Thermopex now.
I also should have explained that the picture I posted with the roots in the tile is my basement drain, however it is the same type of tile they use on the cheaper 3 or 5 wrap stuff.
In your research have you found anyone who is happy with their 3 wrap?

The 3 wrap was full of full of ground water and probably was for the last 2 winters. Water came through the pipe into my basement. I put the Thermopex in this last August. It was $12.50 a foot and so far it seems to be worth it.

Even the solid tile is not really completely water tight. Its only meant to move water from one place to another. It doesn't matter much if it has pin holes here or there when used for its intended purpose. It is not intended to be water tight, I would not trust it. I went with Logstor, which has a true 1" id.

gg

My bad, I did read it but not who wrote it. Only found 2 guys happy with theirs. One of them sells it, and the other one only had his for 2 years. My research has me leaning the other way now. Big bullet to bite though.

My bad, I did read it but not who wrote it. Only found 2 guys happy with theirs. One of them sells it, and the other one only had his for 2 years. My research has me leaning the other way now. Big bullet to bite though.
ya it is!! just gotta think long term. what are you gonna wish you did 5 years from now?

Back