Ant bites and other things in the firewood!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_dj1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So I was splitting wood yesterday and apparently got bitten by a carpenter ant! Now I have a red itchy blotch on my left bicep , did I mention itchy? LOL
I can't take antihistamines so I have been washing it with rubbing alcohol and after I shower I am going to put some teatree oil on it.
Post up your bites!

Had a tick bite into the head of my ummm....member. :crazy2:Don't think anyone needs to see a pic of that. Talk about a scary site to see. And pulling it out! Sheesh. Hate those little bastards! I now go out of my way to make sure they are properly tortured before I allow them to die.
Had that happen 20 or more times in the last 9 years alone but then Arkansas has billions of ticks. In summer you get out of the truck your covered out in the sticks. I told my wife last time one got me there it had to be a female tick. She looked at me and said well it could be a gay one and I about died lol.

I stepped on a asp once. Got me right under my toes, it got me in that tender spot between my toes and foot. I squirmed in pain for hours. The only thing I had that seemed to help is baking soda. Those suckers hurt, and hurt for hours.
I get nailed by those big red wasp fairly often. They use to not bother me much, but over the years I swell up more and more each time I get nailed. The pain is short, about 5/10 min. Those asp though will hurt for hours.

Wait till you get it by a scorpion lol or recluse or widow ; ant I've had bigger bites than that on my **** get back to work:rolleyes:
It's too cold here for scorpions, recluse bites can be deadly and I don't think we have widows here. I did keep working! LOL
As far as a tick on a dic# that's just too funny. I don't get ticks on me, I have sulfur water and drink a lot of it, I believe the sulfur fends them off.
The old farmers would mix powdered sulfur in their drinking water in the spring.
To be clear, I never saw what bit me, I did split a colony of the ants in a log though and it's a blotch like in the pics I found, and did I mention it itches? Holy cow! I wash it with alcohol and rub some tea tree oil on it and it seems to help for a few hours.

I stepped on a asp once. Got me right under my toes, it got me in that tender spot between my toes and foot. I squirmed in pain for hours. The only thing I had that seemed to help is baking soda. Those suckers hurt, and hurt for hours.
I get nailed by those big red wasp fairly often. They use to not bother me much, but over the years I swell up more and more each time I get nailed. The pain is short, about 5/10 min. Those asp though will hurt for hours.
AS IN SNAKE? I am not afraid per se but if I never saw another one I would be fine with that:)
We have garder snakes and garden snakes I think that's about it. There have been reports of rattlers up north on the rocky shores of Lake Champlain.

I found a couple of these guys in my wood pile, Northern Black Widow. They both made it to the fire pit.
ZwNXbJW.jpg

It's too cold here for scorpions, recluse bites can be deadly and I don't think we have widows here. I did keep working! LOL
As far as a tick on a dic# that's just too funny. I don't get ticks on me, I have sulfur water and drink a lot of it, I believe the sulfur fends them off.
The old farmers would mix powdered sulfur in their drinking water in the spring.
To be clear, I never saw what bit me, I did split a colony of the ants in a log though and it's a blotch like in the pics I found, and did I mention it itches? Holy cow! I wash it with alcohol and rub some tea tree oil on it and it seems to help for a few hours.
The Northern Black Widow ranges from Canada to Florida. They just like to stay out of sight. I showed my friends son the picture of mine and he laughed. He runs water treatment plants around Baltimore and said they are in every nook and cranny, an electrician friend said the same thing, they like panel boxes.

We are inundated with stink bugs and supposedly they don’t bite. I rolled over on one in bed and I can tell you they do. I’d say where but ‘taint polite to say. It took months for the welt to go down.

We are inundated with stink bugs and supposedly they don’t bite. I rolled over on one in bed and I can tell you they do. I’d say where but ‘taint polite to say. It took months for the welt to go down.

Same thing happened to me, rolled on one in my sleep, left a chemical burn on the back of my neck that lasted for a couple of weeks!

I once got bit by a carpenter bee on the inside of my thigh. Never felt him crawl up my leg and then all of a sudden ouch!!! I didn't know what was going on and got concerned about where it was going next so I ripped my pants down to my ankles and found the bastard and swatted him off.

One word, Chickens! Yes yard birds. I got some chickens a few years ago and they are ruthless hunters. If it moves, they eat it. They will crawl in and through all the little caves, holes, under the house, trailers and other places you would never expect a chicken to go. My insect population decreased exponentially after my little rapters went to work.

Latest posts

Back