Anti-firewood Snob

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mntn Man

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I work with this B w/an itch that gets her nose bent about MY wood piles. She sees it as trash. She thinks my house must be full of mice and spiders. I think they look nice and I have only found one spider this winter and haven't had a mouse in 3 years. My wife was hoping she'd say something to her about it so she could throw our $18 gas bill in her face, but she seemed to know not to F with my wife, lol. I don't usually care what unenlightened people say, but next time I am going to tell her not to look at my house if it bothers her so much. (Not with such niceties.) She must think I won't stand up to her, but she doesn't realize that I don't give a darn about her ignorant babble.

Burning wood gets me needed exercise, cool tools, and saves me over $300 per month to heat my house. I love it!

What complaints have you heard about your wood hobby that you find amusing?

you have people like that in Nebraska now?! damn... those "jersey, california, new yorker" type people are migrating again... just ask her where the #### she thinks her steak dinner came from :)

I have people drive by and gawk at mine in my little town, i think they are jelous of my Stihl saws and monster wood piles :)

I took some wood to a VERY VERY high end neighborhood out in western ks and the guy was very nice. neighbor asked what he was going to do with it and he replied "i'm going to use it to burn your house down if you don't shut up" ... she turned tail and ran.. 3 days later her husband calls... lo and behold he cut wood as a kid out there and went and bought a free standing fireplace :)

she won't feed the fire, but he DID inform me she'll provide "services" in front of it on the floor while its burning... so maybe just maybe she's converting over

she won't feed the fire, but he DID inform me she'll provide "services" in front of it on the floor while its burning... so maybe just maybe she's converting over

Lol!

This gal has "kids" my age and acts like such a snobby, prudish, "lady". I know she is a closet "dirty girl". Why else would she have gotten a boob job at her age? I know her daughters and her niece is a good friend of mine, and they must have taken after somebody, lol! :laughn:

neighbor asked what he was going to do with it and he replied "i'm going to use it to burn your house down if you don't shut up" ...

That made me lol. :)

Some co-workers give me crap because I'm using a traditional fireplace. So I often hear the usual comments about inefficiency, waste of time, etc. I don't bother arguing with them. I'm slowly making progress. Our gas bill is below $100 now. 5 years ago it was over $300.

At some point I'd like to step up into something more efficient. Just haven't decided what that will be yet.

I work with this B w/an itch that gets her nose bent about MY wood piles. She sees it as trash. She thinks my house must be full of mice and spiders. I think they look nice and I have only found one spider this winter and haven't had a mouse in 3 years. My wife was hoping she'd say something to her about it so she could throw our $18 gas bill in her face, but she seemed to know not to F with my wife, lol. I don't usually care what unenlightened people say, but next time I am going to tell her not to look at my house if it bothers her so much. (Not with such niceties.) She must think I won't stand up to her, but she doesn't realize that I don't give a darn about her ignorant babble.

Burning wood gets me needed exercise, cool tools, and saves me over $300 per month to heat my house. I love it!

keep a VERY close eye on her!!!--this is the type--being the snob they are--that will head to a city council--to file all sorts of nefarious complaints on you--anything is fair came for trash like her--

I work with this B w/an itch that gets her nose bent about MY wood piles. She sees it as trash.

I'm pushing 20 cords neatly stacked along the rear of my property. Several of my neighbors/friends/relatives have commented about how nice it looks and how it reminds them of simpler times. The stacks hide a chainlink fence and the quarry beind it.

I do have one neighbor who we used to be on good terms with. Last spring they somehow decided that since I have so much wood (20 cords must seem like a lifetime supply to them) that they should have free access to
wasting my wood in their firepit....(without asking) needless to say this didn't go over well with me and things escalated to the point that I built a heck of a fence between us and them and we no longer are on good terms. Good riddance I say....

Once I called them out on the missing wood they all of a sudden has all kinds of problems with things I was doing related to the firewood- the light I put up to light up the stacking area, the city alley I use to get the wood back there (runs behind their property)... they actually tried to block me from using a city alley claiming it was their private property- chained it off and put up a private property sign.. It's all been resolved to my satisfaction but I'm sure they're not happy with the way things turned out.

Last edited:
I have been burning a lot of white oak lately and I had a neighbor ask me why I was burning coal, "doesn't buying coal defeat the purpose of heating natural" so he so graciously opened the door I told him that I would go up several miles above Knoxville and jump on a coal train and when it got to the city limits start throwin the coal off the top of the car. No buyin to it. I did finally tell him that it was white oak but it does kinda smell like coal. I told him if he could find me some hickory it would smell like a bbq all the time.:smile-big:

keep a VERY close eye on her!!!--this is the type--being the snob they are--that will head to a city council--to file all sorts of nefarious complaints on you--anything is fair came for trash like her--

Darn good advice

Some people with the "Better than You Attitude", like to prove how stupid they really are by sticking their nose into some poor hardworking guy's business. I'm blessed with wonderful neighbors, but my best friend, 4th generation running the family dairy farm, is under constant assault from the flatlanders that bought McMansions in the development that borders his farm. If his sons didn't love farming so much, wanting to continue the family business, I'm certain he would have applied for a junkyard permit by now just to drive them crazy.

Take Care

Once I called them out on the missing wood they all of a sudden has all kinds of problems with things I was doing related to the firewood- the light I put up to light up the stacking area, the city alley I use to get the wood back there (runs behind their property)... they actually tried to block me from using a city alley claiming it was their private property- chained it off and put up a private property sign.. It's all been resolved to my satisfaction but I'm sure they're not happy with the way things turned out.

What a thread that was.......so do you have any current pics....LOL

Darn good advice

Some people with the "Better than You Attitude", like to prove how stupid they really are by sticking their nose into some poor hardworking guy's business. I'm blessed with wonderful neighbors, but my best friend, 4th generation running the family dairy farm, is under constant assault from the flatlanders that bought McMansions in the development that borders his farm. If his sons didn't love farming so much, wanting to continue the family business, I'm certain he would have applied for a junkyard permit by now just to drive them crazy.

Take Care

I hear there's money in hogs....:shut-mouth:

Lol!

I know she is a closet "dirty girl". Why else would she have gotten a boob job at her age? I know her daughters and her niece is a good friend of mine, and they must have taken after somebody, lol! :laughn:

And the next thing you know she will want to get in your pants!!!!:devil:

11 years ago one of my nosy neighbors comes over to me and says "why don't you switch to coal-are you gonna feel like doing this **** when you're 50?".

Well I'm 50 now and the answer is "yes". Mind your own business....

Tell her her face is an eyesore to you...ignorant people who have nothing better to do than to piss about someone else's stuff. Probably is frustrated in the bedroom lol...:blowkiss:

Dope slap time for those kinds.

Solution ?
The Pee Rule: Live where you can pi$$ in all cardinal directions without disturbing anyone. Realtors understand this.
Buy your own woodlot, build a home on it, live, cut, burn.

Too many of the Look-For-Something-to-Whine-About around. Nothing to do, no life, self absorbed, righteous, ignorant, weak. I am not opinionated. I am not opinionated. I am not opinionated. I am......................................:quiet:

Dope slap time for those kinds.

Solution ?
The Pee Rule: Live where you can pi$$ in all cardinal directions without disturbing anyone. Realtors understand this.
Buy your own woodlot, build a home on it, live, cut, burn.

Too many of the Look-For-Something-to-Whine-About around. Nothing to do, no life, self absorbed, righteous, ignorant, weak. I am not opinionated. I am not opinionated. I am not opinionated. I am......................................:quiet:

Never heard it put that way... But... yeah... What he said....:snicker:

I took some wood to a VERY VERY high end neighborhood out in western ks and the guy was very nice. neighbor asked what he was going to do with it and he replied "i'm going to use it to burn your house down if you don't shut up" ... she turned tail and ran..

That right there is funny.

I got the "Your killing all the trees! Mother Earth is DYING!!" line one time. I just laughed until they got mad and left.

I am lucky I guess? I get the ?'s how much do you save? where can I cut for myself and Dam that smells good!How much did the stove and pipe cost?
Kinda like hunting season ? How much meat will you get off that critter, I would like to do that myself,will you take me out some day?:smile:

Austin i get those same comments.. When the guy next door was building he saw my wood pile.. Came over and chatted for a while.. He changed from a gas firplace to a wood stove in his plans..

Back