Anti-Fog Safety Glasses

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HittinSteel

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the anti - fog type safety glasses? I see Baileys has several pairs which claim to be anti - fog. Do they work or are the mesh ( bug eye) the type to get?

Thanks for any opinions.

I've tried glasses, goggles, they all fog up on me as soon as I start working up a sweat. I bought a pair of the mesh safety glasses and love 'em. Plus they make the kids laugh.

I've never had any real luck with anti-fog glasses, they always seem to fog when I'm working hard.
I just recently tried the Bugz eyes goggles from Bailey's and they're OK. They are the 20 mesh and seem to let dust in, I'd like to try 30 mesh (fine) next time.
I had a pair of fine mesh one piece goggles years ago that I really liked, but I can't find any like those anywhere. I think they were military because they were olive drab color. Gee, maybe I should look around the barn at my Mom's on Sunday to see if I can find them!

I've never had any real luck with anti-fog glasses, they always seem to fog when I'm working hard.
I just recently tried the Bugz eyes goggles from Bailey's and they're OK. They are the 20 mesh and seem to let dust in, I'd like to try 30 mesh (fine) next time.
I had a pair of fine mesh one piece goggles years ago that I really liked, but I can't find any like those anywhere. I think they were military because they were olive drab color. Gee, maybe I should look around the barn at my Mom's on Sunday to see if I can find them!

Bailey's has the one piece mesh goggles. They're usually advertised on the same page as the bugs-eye glasses, but w/o a picture. I use them.

Yeah, I can't say that there's no such thing as anti-fog glasses that work, but I've tried a lot of different types and haven't found any yet.

I'd be interested is some that did. I'm not sure I'd be allowed to wear the mesh ones at work.

Thanks for the comments. Think I'll get a tub of that cat crap cleaner to try on my current foggers and a pair of fine mesh for non dusty conditions.:cheers:

the fly-eyes are a gimmick, they're uncomfortable, you can't wear them with a helmet the earmuffs dig the strap into your ears, they're way too dark to see thru, it's like wearing hard out shades everywhere, you can't flip em' up like a mesh visor, they're a waste of space in the wet, can't see jack thru em', they feel like an octopus clinging to your face, if it's overcast and raining you're blind, may as well close your eyes for what use they are, they always get lost and left behind

I tend to sweat alot and fog up my glasses. I purchased three of the Nemesis Safety glasses from Baileys - 1 smoke, 1 amber, and 1 clear. They have yet to fog up on me and have kept the chips and crap out of my eyes. I use the amber pair for most of my saw work. They are very light and comfortable and work fine with ear muffs. For less than $7.00 each, they even look good - my 20 year old son grabbed my smoke pair for every day use.

Bob R.

the fly-eyes are a gimmick, they're uncomfortable, you can't wear them with a helmet the earmuffs dig the strap into your ears, they're way too dark to see thru, it's like wearing hard out shades everywhere, you can't flip em' up like a mesh visor, they're a waste of space in the wet, can't see jack thru em', they feel like an octopus clinging to your face, if it's overcast and raining you're blind, may as well close your eyes for what use they are, they always get lost and left behind

So how do you like them other than that?

Latest posts

Back