Any advice on this butcher job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not always the homeowners fault

I agree it was a hack job. But we went out yesterday to look at a rush job a large pine had split from the heavy snow we got this past week and then the heavy winds. We looked at the tree it was leaning away from house but towards the garage. And since the morning it was getting worse. Back to the homeowner he asked for a quote we gave one he told us we were 400 dollars higher.He asked us if we were insured we told him yes and gave him proof workmans comp. and all.We asked if the other companies were insured. He told us yes I asked if they gave him proof. He said we were the first to show him in black and white. We received a call back asking how soon we could do the work. Being this the first time they ever used a tree service they just took the other guys word.The other guys had no proof of insurance. And he told us for the peace of mind knowing we were insured was well worth the extra $400.00 Sometimes people need just don't know until it's to late or they are told.

QUOTE=Abbershay]i would cut these trees down they are to close to the house.[/QUOTE]

Oh, more good advise, I would think with the location of this thread being in South Carolina the loss of shade to the house would be valued at a premium, let's see what would be next, value loss to the property because of no trees.

Any more pearls of wisdom.

Larry

Last edited:
uh..yep

skwerl said:
The sad part is how many other neighbors will look at that work and think "I need to get my trees trimmed like that".
:(

We must live close to each other because we have a few local hacks and everyone thinks that they do good tree work. Stubs galore. Just round that crown and cut off everything green. git 'er dun. Don't need nothin' smaller 'an bout 8" on this one. That little stuff'll jus grow right back on ya ennyway. What people do to soft maples around here....I don't know if some of the older guys could handle seeing it. "OH!! Lamonte!! This is the end! I know it. This is the one!! My Heart!!"

BigUglySquirrel said:
We must live close to each other because we have a few local hacks and everyone thinks that they do good tree work. Stubs galore. Just round that crown and cut off everything green. git 'er dun. Don't need nothin' smaller 'an bout 8" on this one. That little stuff'll jus grow right back on ya ennyway. What people do to soft maples around here....I don't know if some of the older guys could handle seeing it. "OH!! Lamonte!! This is the end! I know it. This is the one!! My Heart!!"

you forgot, "Elizabeth, i'm coming to you..."

i was near Cowpens, SC, yesterday... got off the highway for more caffeine... and on the frontage road was a line up of houses, each front yard with butchered trees... unfortunately, i didn't have my camera with me...

this list has made me more aware of how trees should be treated... taught me how to enjoy my surroundings more... and given me a modicum of knowledge so when i see a hack job, i mutter, "What were they thinking???"

Latest posts

Back