Any good welders on here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im looking for a guy whos good at MAG welding...for my 056 top handle!

An aircraft cylinder shop could take care of the spark plug hole. My opinion is that is too much for a saw with that many issues. I think it's about $100 worth of parts saw.

I like to find out if they are any good cylinder welders on here before i buy something and find out that it can't be fixed.

Well I'll let the pictures and the ad on e-bay tell you the story.

Echo CS 8000 Same as John Deere 800VX Chainsaw Powerhead for Parts or Repair | eBay

According to Mike acres, that saw takes this plug: CJ6Y 14 mm diameter or thread size, with a range of 9.5 mm

Performance Tool Spark Plug Thread Repair Kits W83164 - SummitRacing.com

Fix it for under $20.00

Im looking for a guy whos good at MAG welding...for my 056 top handle!

If you mean magnesium welding, then that is done TIG, or GTAW. MAG welding is a process similar to MIG welding. MIG=metal inert gas. MAG=metal active gas.

According to Mike acres, that saw takes this plug: CJ6Y 14 mm diameter or thread size, with a range of 9.5 mm

Performance Tool Spark Plug Thread Repair Kits W83164 - SummitRacing.com

Fix it for under $20.00

Yes, it's 14 mm thread, as are 99% of all the other saws out there, but if you read the listing it says the hole is wallered out too big for a coil.

That's at least four times too much money for that pile. If someone offered it to me for $50 I'd have to think on it. A runner would hardly be worth $275.

The best process would be to tig weld it. No spatter to clean up but youwould have to plug weld it.then get it redrilled then tap it to thread dimensions.aka. machine shop.also al the crap the metal has absorbed.I weld for aliving .I would pass on this one too much for what it is worth.

Yes, it's 14 mm thread, as are 99% of all the other saws out there, but if you read the listing it says the hole is wallered out too big for a coil.

That's at least four times too much money for that pile. If someone offered it to me for $50 I'd have to think on it. A runner would hardly be worth $275.

Yeah just wait on one with a good cylinder.

Another option bore out and use a threaded insert Not the coils. Still a lot of messing around for something lacking a decent resale value.

Buy the saw, get an ngk A-8 spark plug, and then a heli-coil kit for 18mm! It will be very nice then!

When it's fixxed, don't forget to put a spark plug in before trying to start it:D

Two words... I would jb weld the plug in. Or silicone if your jb welder quit working.

Jezze Andy, do you know anything!!!!! Everyone knows JB won't do it, you need to weld it in with either 6011 if there is a little oil on the cylinder, or if you get it clean go with 7014

Jezze Andy, do you know anything!!!!! Everyone knows JB won't do it, you need to weld it in with either 6011 if there is a little oil on the cylinder, or if you get it clean go with 7014

NAW all you have to do is weld the top of the slug and plug the hole, fill the tank with diesel and go cut wood!

easy fix .....over tighten the chain and use it like a hand saw [would cut just as good ]:jester:....then give it to your brother who is tuff on equipment

Ouch, looks like someone drilled it with the cylinder on...guessing the big hole at the top might only provide a good view of the trashed cylinder. Pass!

Oh I know things. One thing for certain duh is getting some quality feedback here. Hope he buys the saw and does a build thread. It could be duh meets the echo 8000. I'm sure if he runs into any issues he can ask his boss man ole emu leggs.

Latest posts

Back