Any Ideas for a table on splitter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoosier daddy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Guys,

I have a Brave 22 ton splitter and am wanting to build a table to keep me from constantly bending over. I really think that I will need to add a leg to support the table because a lagre round will cause the tounge to raise up and the added weight will just amplify that issue.

What mods to splitters have you done and what advice would you give me before I start to fab something.

thanks in advance for the knowlege!

Put a table on mine about 2.5' sq.Table could be longer it was what I had laying around You might want to angle it down a might or have a guide leg on each side, angled down, to keep low riders from ripping it off. Common problem on some of the commercial units. I added a crank down wheel (trailer tongue wheel, did not need the wheel , but was the cheapest option))to that end also to stabilize things. Put a 30 inch heavy round up there and it would teeter totter. ( I had extended the beam out that side for a little more work room hence the tipping with heavy stuff.) Sure saves quite a bit of the bending. If I come across a good deal on some longer steel or whatever I would make it at least 4 ft Sq. As it is I lose the off side of a big round which is not a big deal as I would have to get it out of the way anyway.

Latest posts

Back