Any love for the 246 Husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
242xp's slightly bigger, open port brother. Still a 15,000rpm saw, .2 less peak HP, but 600rpm lower. The 246 has a broader torque band, great old saws.
Don't think it's going to be anything like a 346 though.

I honestly had totally forgot they made these saws. There weren’t a lot of smaller Husqvarna saws sold in these parts till the Poulan made Husky’s came out.

They are definitely far more common out east than they are here(I'm due north of ya.) Still surprised I found my 234se locally.
Those smaller high rpm saws are definitely more suited to the heavily Swedish influenced style of logging we had back home. It was all forwarders back home in NS when I was young; and you were falling, limbing and bucking to 8'. Very different than the cut and skid with a slasher at the landing that was common place here in NW Ontario. I generally don't see anything smaller than the 162 chassis in older pro level Huskies up here.

fc9df1b9941d63cb562f2d29d3a20418.jpg

42c5359b55e2bb19f4705ced0df10517.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought this a few years ago, I am owner number 2. She goes nowhere.
246G is a bit cool to own, one of the models that Husqvarna never had part number for the G decal.
_DSC2773.jpg

_DSC2772.jpg

_DSC2774.jpg

_DSC2776.jpg

_DSC2775.jpg

I use this 246 partly in summer time, slightly modified, that is, ported, mm, advanced timing.
_DSC4067.jpg

In my opinion, 246 is one of the very best semi pro saws Husqvarna has ever made, if not the best.

That’s a beauty. I see a green fuel cap, did they come with a cat?
Thanks, Steve

Yes, it has a cat.
I've had 3,242's that came with cat, but I've never seen a 246 with cat other than the one I have.
The cat comes with some pluses and minuses, the bracket sits with 6 screws, 4 for the muffler and 2 for the crankcase, on the bracket sits the catalyst, a 1 minute job is to remove the ****.
It is not much work to do a mm either.
The negative is the weight, and I have never liked two hidden screws for the cylinder.

Latest posts

Back