Any members in S.E. Wisconsin that are good with small engines?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davej_07

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My 10.5 Briggs on my Speeco splitter started making some strange noises and bogs down when I move the lever. I have no experience diagnosing small engine problems, but I'm not against doing my own repair work. I guess I just need someone to steer me in the right direction or to make some suggestions as to how I would diagnose the problem.
Thanks

Dave

there could be a lot of questions. i would start with the basics first 1. fresh fuel 2. fuel filter 3. replace spark plug. 3. clean or replace air filter 4. change oil . 5. is the hyd oil resivor full? 6. change the hyd filter if it has one. that would be the first for me. any small engine shop would suggest that stuff first it could be a throttle adjustment but if above mentioned didnt resolve the issue you may be safe to take it in to a good local engine shop.. the items mentioned are the easy answers and simple solutions that can be performed with ease. happy splitting

Can you disconnect the motor from the pump? I'm wondering if the pump is on it's way out and you think it's a motor problem?
The only other thing I can think of is that maybe it's losing compression from being worn out. Good luck.
dave

Latest posts

Back