Any new ideas for climbing/ground boots?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adronetree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has found the perfect climbing and general use boot. Is there anything new out there that can be worn on the ground and in the air with spurs and still be comfortable for all day wear?
I have been wearing traditional style logging boots so long my feet have changed shape from them. I wear them when I'm not working too but they certainly aren't the most practical boots for everything.... Lugging aroound 8-10 extra pounds
I have Chippewas right now but I've had Hoffman, White, Wesco, Georgia boots, etc. over the years.
I think its time for a change after 15 years of the same.
I was checking out Haix Extreme protectors and thought I might try a pair but theres a metal grip ring on the tread right where the spurs would cross and they are low so I dunno if they could be used climbing...I've never tried a short pair of boots while doing tree work.
I don't climb very often but I hate to think my only answer is 2 pairs of boots with me all the time....
Has anybody found something new and great out there?

Last edited:
I was just wondering if anyone has found the perfect climbing and general use boot. Is there anything new out there that can be worn on the ground and in the air with spurs and still be comfortable for all day wear?
I have been wearing traditional style logging boots so long my feet have changed shape from them. I wear them when I'm not working too but they certainly aren't the most practical boots for everything.... Lugging aroound 8-10 extra pounds
I have Chippewas right now but I've had Hoffman, White, Wesco, Georgia boots, etc. over the years.
I think its time for a change after 15 years of the same.
I was checking out Haix Extreme protectors and thought I might try a pair but theres a metal grip ring on the tread right where the spurs would cross and they are low so I dunno if they could be used climbing...I've never tried a short pair of boots while doing tree work.
I don't climb very often but I hate to think my only answer is 2 pairs of boots with me all the time....
Has anybody found something new and great out there?

Try the following links, some say these are just the best:
Ground:
Astra Chainsaw Safety Boots

Ground & Climbing:
Chainsaw Cut-Resistant Climbing Boots

- Ang.

Back