Any other compulsive tree trimmers out there?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dynamite Wedge said:
I am with you guys. As I drive in my town I would love to be a door knocker sometimes, seeing all the work out there. Also it drives me nuts when I am driving in the country and you see large dead stems in peoples front yards. I could never imagine leaving a job with a large trunk still standing. :rolleyes:

Mark

Door knocking SUCKS! (most of the time) But I have had some recent great door knocking experiences, checking with neighbors next to an estimate. Ironically, the door I knocked on, bought from me, and the neighbor, who had done work with us previously didn't. As it turns out these new clients, (gained by door knocking) have connections to several of my commercial prospects! (talk about steppin' in sh*t and comin' up like a rose!)

My new motto: cold calling, and door knocking may blow, but there is a worthwhile component to these uncomfortable (but not fatal) processes. There is a benefit and return.

always find myself looking at trees that have been worked on and shaking my head and makeing a veriaty of tutting sounds. there was a programme on tv a couple of weeks back and this lad was in a tree cutting off a branch with a bow saw under the watchfull eyes of some farm bloke which tore back when he cutt it at which point i was cursing the lad and saying what a bodge job he was doing and recieved a sharp poke in the ribs from a lady friend for being 'dangerously obbsesed'.

I mentioned this thread to my GF as we were walking past some city crabs, on our way to the auto-show (I sat in a number of big trucks and little cars;)). She got a kick out of the concept of the compultion (she prefers another compultion I've developed since meeting her...)

I can remember driving down through the Smokies the first time; "ooo there's sweet gum... pawlonia, no wonder they don't like that in some states..." I was the only one in the truck, so it was ok :laugh:

Ive been infected for years. I was told years ago that cutting trees was not a job, not a carreer. Its a desease. Dont want to be rehabilatated. Love what you do. Do what you love. hooks

she just doesn't care

my girlfriend really doesn't care, its not just trees she is sick of, its ropes, saws etc etc etc

on a walk one day she was muttering something about 'really glad we are together blah blah blah, really love you blah blah blah' she looked at me and my response was thats a nice silver birch. she never spoke the rest of teh day.

jamie

It so good to know I'm not the only one. I showed this thread to my wife to prove as much. She read the first page or so, laughing here and there. Laughing, I thought that was a good sign, maybe she's gaining new insight into her old man. Well, after the third page she stopped midway and said dismissively, "you're all sick!" I guess I'll go back into the proverbial obsessed tree trimmer closet and stifle my, oh-so interesting, running dialog about the trees around us. When I come home in the evening I have my "Mr. Rodger's" moment, where I take off my Westco boots and put my slippers on, slip off my comfy climbing fleece and leave it all in my truck. I'll just have to try to shed my tree infused portion of my brain and leave it in the truck too.

door step

in the warmer less rainy days i have to undress on the door step, over winter she takes pity on me.

jamie

Latest posts

Back