Any saws run good in the water?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When i was working, some of the guys would take a bunjy cord and strap the Stihl to the running board of a dump truck when we were out cutting windfalls off of the roads. I got the idea really quick to use one of the big yellow garbage bags and turned it around so the saw would be in the bottom facing forward. That kept 99% of the road mud, and rain off the saw. Putting a chain saw in the cab of a dump truck with gas and oil in it isn't a good idea, lol. We were in a creek bottom clearing the mouths of some big culverts one day. I had just sharpened all the saws, one of the guys stuck it in the water and started cutting a log. I heard the chain grinding on the rock below. Guess what, last time i sharpened anyone's chain. But, the old Stihl's would run, no matter, rain, snow, what ever we had, just take off the filter cover, pull the filter, knock the junk off it, and it would start and keep running after you put it back together. It was flat amazing what those saws could take,and still start up and run. I know one of them was 25 yrs + old when i retired, and still ran like a top.

Not sure. I know that Paul Newman's big Mac wouldn't run in water when he tried to cut the logs to save Joe Ben who got trapped between logs in river. "Sometimes A Great Notion". The Mac did cut well when Newman cut desk in half.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Newman had actually done something like that behind the scenes in a previous movie.

There’s a lot more coming too. No relief for you southern boys for awhile

More:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/produc...ason/13_seasonal_outlooks/color/churchill.php

off01_prcp.gif

Latest posts

Back