Any use of this wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to saw boards and have access to a mill, I'd do that and you would still get some wood for the smoker off of that process. If you are going to sell it all for smoking you need to keep this a local thing. Check out some websites selling wood chunks for smoking, Apricot is $35 for 20lb in chunks plus shipping, more expensive than hickory, apple and cherry only plum and whiskery barrel are more. If I was going this route I'd buck and split it as for your stove. Then set up and maintain a Craiglist ad for like $25 for 12 cubic feet or whatever price and quantity you see fit. Then adjust your price as the market dictates. If you cannot sell it, then trade it or burn it in your stove.

I've personally have not bought wood for my smokers in a long time, but have traded different types with others.

I looked on usps for the price of shipping $50 worth of wood and it would cost about $85 just to ship it...
Not in the Flat rate box , it would only be $14.85 ( up to 70 LBS), even to Alaska . Hence the term "Flat rate" .

Steve

Not in the Flat rate box , it would only be $14.85 ( up to 70 LBS), even to Alaska . Hence the term "Flat rate" .

Steve

Yeah, how about a flat rate box as full as you can get it for a six pack of canned salmon. I have King salmon, silver, sockeye, arctic charr, and pink salmon available, smoked and canned or just canned. I could really use some fruitwood for smoking. This offer goes out to anyone who can get me cherry, apple, apricot, plum, or sugar maple. I'm sick of alder.

Yeah, how about a flat rate box as full as you can get it for a six pack of canned salmon. I have King salmon, silver, sockeye, arctic charr, and pink salmon available, smoked and canned or just canned. I could really use some fruitwood for smoking. This offer goes out to anyone who can get me cherry, apple, apricot, plum, or sugar maple. I'm sick of alder.

Got any halibut?

I got 27 cubic feet of halibut. I can't afford to second day air you any fillets though. Costs me $225 for 50lb box to ship. I can can some up for you though. How bout an Alaskan fishing trip for salmon, halibut and lingcod? You pay airfare, bring me some of that sweet apricot wood, and I'll cover food and lodging.

You sure are in the mood for some deal makin'. The fishing trip sure as heck would be a nice deal, but I'm too much of a broke man for that, lol.

I would love to receive some of that smoked fish, but that means I would have to pay to send the wood up first and then hopefully you would be a trustworthy man to send the fish down. No offense, but its an internet deal.

If you were to send me a money order of $50 first for collateral, and then when I receive the smoked fish I could reimburse you. But then I have to worry whether or not you would tamper with the fish! :dizzy:

Money sounds better, lol. But then I have to worry about it being laced with anthrax! :clap: Just kidding!

kodiak, ive got pear and pecan if your interested.Dave

Latest posts

Back