Any1 useing the badger firewood processor?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironheadwillys

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone else has used this perticular processor.
I bought one but no logs to run through it just yet. (just a Pine tree I cut down cause I needed a fix) Wondering about production numbers. Says it does 1 full cord plus but that so vauge.
And I'm itchin to use it but would realisticlly like to know what to expect.
And if anyone in the Central New York area needs there Logs processed
I'm availible. It loads any length Log via a ramp and winch System. Will do up to 18 inch Diameter with a 4 way splitter at other end of processor.

did you use it yet??? how do you like it??? do you think it would be good for slasher waste, [small or short pieces of wood ]

I only used it on a 30 foot pine that was about 14inches in diameter.
Went through that like butter. The good thing is the longer the log is the faster your processing time will be. (as only down time is goig to hook up another log)The way my machine works is you pull the winch cable to the log hook it up and it skids the log up the ramp to the processing head. (loads from ground)The winch controls the feed of the log also. There is a chain that hangs down from above that can be adjusted up to 24 inches So When the log touches that chain its at the measurment you set it at then flip the switch cut the log and it drops into the trougth where it will be split by the adjustable 4 way. You can view machine at http://www.hud-son.com/The_Badger.htm

I think it would also be good for cutting logs into sections say 8-10 foot because if you have machine hooked to your trailer hitch behind your truck the winch basically would load truck for you you just need to cut it at the desired length and it would drop into the bed of your truck bypassing the splitter.

That must be a brand new machine from them as I check their website oftenand had not seen it advertised. looks interesting and the price should be a good lure.

Yes it is very new model. From what salesman told me they have 30 of them backordered. and he said price is going up $2500.00 next month. Looks to be well thought out. Cant wait to throw some hardwood at it for a week straight.

2500$?

2500$ WHat are you talking about. I just checked the site and that beaver costs $12,900 .... So where did you get yours so cheap?

If anybody is selling a processor I would be interested to know about it...

Oops

Just got it... going up by $2500... that makes more sense, sorry about the drama..... Still not a bad little machine for the money... Could do with a conveyor type feed system....

sorry i wasnt clearer on the price it went from 10900.00 to 12900 still havent run any hardwood through it yet. Trying to find someone delivering logs in the earlville area

Looks like a nice machine but I doubt it will do anything close to one full cord per hour in the real world. Good luck and please keep us posted when you get it running.

Latest posts

Back