Anybody burning yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carvinmark

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
It's been in the low 40's here in the morning and Sunday it's supposed to be 59 for the hi. I think it's time to start, at least in the mornings. I love to cut my wood when it's about 50 so Sunday I will be cutting and splitting.

Don't even start your crap Michigan...put on a sweatshirt. (Just Kidding). I plan on starting the OWB in about 3 weeks. I shut it down on July 10th.:cheers:

Yesterday's hi... 79°... today's hi... 73°... unfortunately, supposed to rain basically all day today and tomorrow. :cry:

As I think I'm probably a little short... I intend to hold out as long as possible. What's wrong with bundling the kids in 4 sweatshirts inside the house??? :hmm3grin2orange:

Don't even start your crap Michigan...put on a sweatshirt. (Just Kidding). I plan on starting the OWB in about 3 weeks. I shut it down on July 10th.:cheers:

Hey Scooter....

I read your "location" and sat here and laughed myself silly........that is toooo funnnyyyy.......

I fired mine up a week ago. Not because it was cold but because we ran out of propane and didn't have any hot water to take showers. I just had my propane tank filled t0 250 gallons at 1.99 per gallon. I want to make sure that propane last me through next year. It sure is nice to have heating options.

I've burnt 3 times in the new furnace. Not for the heat, but burning off some paint before finishing the ductwork for the furnace. I'm getting antsy to burn just to see how it performs, but from what I have seen. It will be a night/day difference.

I have been fired up since I installed my "gassifer"(do not want folks thinking I am polluting:)) in Oct 08 and love my oil free hot water. Alright do use alittle fuel for the chain saws, splitter, excavator, bobcat, dump truck, pickup but that is all.

I heat my pool with it so it always runs. It burns wood like cardboard heating the pool. ALOT less wood to heat the house.

had a carp, two weeks here... would have thought it was october! normally don't fire the wood burner up until late sept/oct. the fire guard has been looked out and ready to put up if this weather don't change soon.

had a carp, two weeks here... would have thought it was october! normally don't fire the wood burner up until late sept/oct. the fire guard has been looked out and ready to put up if this weather don't change soon.

We've been saying "it feels like late fall around here" too. Warming up to 56f for a hi today. That will sound like warm weather in about 4 months.:jawdrop:

I burn all year long, wood gasser in the winter for heat, wood stove when people are coming over, it always draws a crowd, and the fireplace in the summer. The fireplace is like a TV as it has little value but is entertaining to watch. If it is too hot in the house for the fireplace I just turn down the AC!:)

55* here. Nothing but rain all day. Last year most of October we had the central air running, (quite humid Oct.) we'll see this year. 17 cords stacked and drying. I have been cutting up pallets for kindling and quick hot fires.

KC

I hear you with the Central A/C running in Oct. My favorite is having the Central air and the OWB going (DHW) at the same time.:clap:

I plan on firing the CB 3rd week of Sept. I've been using oil for DHW since July 10th and still cringe every time I hear the burner kick on $$$.

It's been in the low 40's here in the morning and Sunday it's supposed to be 59 for the hi. I think it's time to start, at least in the mornings. I love to cut my wood when it's about 50 so Sunday I will be cutting and splitting.

it burns year around, but during the summer i close flow to the HX and open the bypass....

during the night we've been opening it up and letting the thermostat do it's work....

pretty soon it'll stay open until next spring.

It was good timing, i split about 12 cord of garbage laying around the property, and afterwards i probably had 3 yards worth of bark, punky, peices, knots, etc. been burning that and its about to run out. SOon to break into the woodpile i've spent so much time stacking neatly...just to make ashes out of....

Back