Anybody collect anything besides chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my Flyer transformers is a 300 watt x 18 volt. Freakin arc welder it is.

Kids in the ‘40s & ‘50s had to be tuff.
Damn that must be huge. I've never gotten into trains much at all. I just have what my grandmother gave me. I was more into hunting, guns, fishing, motorcycles as a kid. Had some tonka toys and matchboxes which I still have in a case or two from my childhood. I had some race cars or track cars but not much of trains. That transformer I have is pretty big to me but yours sounds like a freaking beast.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

Damn that must be huge. I've never gotten into trains much at all. I just have what my grandmother gave me. I was more into hunting, guns, fishing, motorcycles as a kid. Had some tonka toys and matchboxes which I still have in a case or two from my childhood. I had some race cars or track cars but not much of trains. That transformer I have is pretty big to me but yours sounds like a freaking beast.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk
Holy Smoke, you weren't Kidding when you said it was Huge, that thing would make my Lionel "ZW" look little and that thing will divide 300 watts at 20 volts into 4 channels :surprised3:

I Have never seen one of those, but even for "Back Then " I have to imagine that 6 amps output was a lot for an "HO" Power Pack, if I had that I would hold on to it for it's uniqueness, but then I am a "Train Guy"

Doug

6439d8751db6b734b4241b06e834f18e.jpg

Installed a Lionel reverse in this:
9533349153c869affdd828c28afc7702.jpg

No, I'm a member at PM, but I don't spend too much time there. Having said that, the vise thread on Garage Journal is comprehensive -- several thousand posts, if I recall correctly.

Scott
They had some several people could sit on.
Pm an email and I'll send a link if you want.
Their vises are vices.....

PM has so many interesting subforums........remember........those guys make everything in the world.....or the tools to do it.
Except what God made.......one of the two.....

I collect exgirlfreinds .... well below average this year with only 2 . Ahhhhhh wait wait !!! Is that why you guys don’t wash chainsaw parts in the dishwasher ???? Nahhhh that can’t be it

Hey Bulletpruf, just curious if people ship those vices around the country like chainsaws? I guess it wouldn't be much different. I never pass up a good vice either.

Hey Bulletpruf, just curious if people ship those vices around the country like chainsaws? I guess it wouldn't be much different. I never pass up a good vice either.

Yes they do, but not quite as much as saws. The Holy Grail vises are the big mothers - something vintage, quality brand, 8" jaws - and these generally weigh a few hundred lbs so not easy to ship.

Does anyone here collect axes?

Not a collection so much as a selection...

IMG_2545.jpg

The middle one is a Council Tool 2.5# "Boy's Axe" that I bought recently. I like it for pounding wedges. Nice wood in the handle, almost too nice to paint, but otherwise I would lose it in the woods. Only thing I don't like about it is that it's about the perfect length to hit your leg. Gotta be careful how you swing it. But it's also nice to use one-handed for a lot of things.

The Pulaski is handy for planting seedlings in the woods where there are a lot of roots. With a spade or shovel, it would be almost impossible.

There is no rhyme nor reason to what I collect and I add sporadically. Vintage video games & consoles, antique car & truck emblems, D&D and other pen & paper rpgs, DVDs, movie memorabilia (scored original 1941 and Jaws 2 movie posters a few weeks ago, will be making frames soon), 1:18 scale vehicles that interest me, arrowheads from our beach (nowhere near as impressive as UMSC615's collection though). Generally the rule of thumb is "OH GAWD! I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THAT NOW THAT I SAW THAT!" so I get it. :dizzy:

Collect other than saws? Well let's see: pre-1941 tube radios, mechanical clocks, stop watches, guns (duh!), ammunition, reloading tools, coins, barometers, knives, and anything else that strikes my fancy.

I won't say I collect ex-wives because I'm told you need more than one to call it a "collection".

Back