Anybody ever wind port a leaf blower?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
serial killer

serial killer

ArboristSite Operative
Can't be done. Ebay it and buy a Stihl, problem solved!

Now hey now. We've got two Stihl handhelds and one Husky. They all work fine. If anything, the Husky has more torque, but I don't think that's really what you're after in a blower. The Husky became our barbecue starter simply because it didn't match anything else on the truck and we're very fashion conscious. But it will reduce a mound of Oak and Hickory chunks to cooking charcoal in 15 minutes.

Rookie1

Rookie1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Somebody asked about modifying a blower a while ago and I think the general consensus was leave it alone. They were talking about a Stihl too so its not just your Husky.Even though they are 2cycles they are different than saw engines.:cheers:

gtread

gtread

ArboristSite Lurker
Any body ever port a leaf blower?

4WD:

I just bought a Husky 225 leaf blower, ran like crap, so I checked the exhaust port and it was like 1/4" diameter, so I drilled 3 small holes behind the screen, and then slotted it with my dremel for a decent opening, ground off the carb adjusters, re-tuned her and she runs like a champ- much better performance.

Tread

Latest posts