Anybody finding morels yet??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nparch726

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've got the itch to have me some, personally I thought we were a bit too early in my neck of the woods, but several guys I work with hae been finding them here and there. I wouldn't have believed them, but I saw em with my own 2 eyes.

Anybody else having any luck yet?

I went hunting for them last weekend,found a few...I think the season is over already down here........I could be totally wrong on that actually. :msp_biggrin:

Good hunting!

Found a few grays last weekend... Very small... Weather has not been fit around here...

Post from the http://www.arboristsite.com/off-topic-forum/167340.htm thread...

Found 107 in about 2 hours today, mostly grays...The next week should be great for my area...:msp_thumbsup:

One of my happy helpers...I think he is hooked...LOL...

attachment.php

A nice little cluster...

attachment.php

I dont put anything that resembles a dildo in my mouth sorry:hmm3grin2orange:

shrooms

Found these today in the middle of the old driveway
100_5686.jpg

Found these today in the middle of the old driveway
100_5686.jpg

I believe those are verpa bohemica, one of the false morels.

looks like poison to me !!!!!!!!!! fakes

They appear to be Half-frees to me...AKA pecker heads...I would never give a positive ID from a photo...

Stems should be hollow with no "cotton candy" inside...Aslo the cap should be attached below the cap in the stem not the top...

Here is a great picture of a verpa bohemica or false morel...If it looks like this when halved throw it out...

verpa--bohemica-xxx1172.jpg

They appear to be Half-frees to me...AKA pecker heads...I would never give a positive ID from a photo...

Stems should be hollow with no "cotton candy" inside...Aslo the cap should be attached below the cap in the stem not the top...

Here is a great picture of a verpa bohemica or false morel...If it looks like this when halved throw it out...

verpa--bohemica-xxx1172.jpg

+1

better safe than sorry

Latest posts

Back